Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweety81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 07:57 AM
    Trying to help my friend find his real parents

I'm trying to help my friend find his real parents, we want to apply for his birth certificate but don't know if his I.D number will be different, we heard that it might have changed the day he was adopted. Is that true? If so how do we get his "real" I.D. number?

Hope someone can help us with the answers

Kind regards
    Ronel
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 19, 2008, 09:25 AM

His "real" ID number is the one he received upon adoption.

He should have had a birth certificate issued at the point of adoption.

WHY is he searchign for his birthparents?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2008, 12:47 PM

Please don't confuse "real parents" with "birth mother". He knows his real parents. He was raised by them.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 21, 2008, 12:59 PM

Please don't assume that birthparents are "imaginary"

There is NO SUCH THING as "real" parents.

There are "adoptive parents" and "birthparents" and "foster parents" and "grandparents" and none of those is ANY less "real" than any other.

I am not an "egg donor" because I chose to place my child for adoption and give her a better life. I'm not "unloving" or "selfish" or "imaginary".

Frankly, I'm starting to get like other birthmothers and want to start insisting on the use of the word FIRSTmother so that I'm not confused with some guy that went into a clinic and gave a donation in a cup to a child's life.

REAL parents are parents that love their child. Period. I love my child no less than her adoptive parents.

STOP confusing "real" and "adoptive". The words are not interchangeable, any more than "real" and "biological" are.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Please don't assume that birthparents are "imaginary"

There is NO SUCH THING as "real" parents.

There are "adoptive parents" and "birthparents" and "foster parents" and "grandparents" and none of those is ANY less "real" than any other.

I am not an "egg donor" because I chose to place my child for adoption and give her a better life. I'm not "unloving" or "selfish" or "imaginary".

Frankly, I'm starting to get like other birthmothers and want to start insisting on the use of the word FIRSTmother so that I'm not confused with some guy that went into a clinic and gave a donation in a cup to a child's life.

REAL parents are parents that love their child. Period. I love my child no less than her adoptive parents.

STOP confusing "real" and "adoptive". The words are not interchangable, any more than "real" and "biological" are.
    I apologize. I did not mean to offend. As a birth father I do not believe I am any less real either. It just irks me when people say 'real' in a manner that implies that their adoptive parents are any less real also. I am both adoptive and biological.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find my real birth parents [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know how to find my real birth parents like who they are and where they are located?

I want to find my real parents? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to find my real mom and dad how could I do that? I really want to meet them.:confused: :)

Parents of my preteen's friend swear a lot [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a discreet but effective way to deal with the mother, specifically, of our children's best friend. Whenever they go over to her house, she uses very vugar language. She is a musician and we have known her for a long time, but this seems to be a recent development. It is almost as...

Find my parents [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 15 and I just found out I was adopted this summer at the doctors office, my parents didn't even tell me, my brother was adopted to, I want to know who my real parents are, I don't care if they are drug attics or not I just want to know more about who I really am, and I don't know how to find...

View more questions Search