Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calderan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 07:17 PM
    Ice maker water line leak
    My GE Profile has fresh water and ice maker built-in. The line to the ice maker has popped out of the back of the unit and leaks on the floor.

1. Re-securing it to the refrigerator/freezer has been futile. I may need to defrost, first. Any ideas?

2. More frustrating, the line won't stop running. There is a valve in the basement I have turned it down and the valve leaks and turned it up and the line leaks. Either way, I've got water where I don't want it. If I shut the water off to where the line is cut in, I shut off the kitchen sink, dw, and a bathroom, too.

Is there a way to cap the line?

Thanks in advance,

Calderan
    tdorsett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 01:17 PM
    There should be a line feed from your main pipe. It looks like a little helicopter. Just tighten it and it will shut off your ice maker line only.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen water line in ice maker [ 1 Answers ]

I know this has been asked several times and I've read the answers there. I have an Amana side-by-side. After a huge water issue with leaking saddle valve this summer (and after having our entire first floor hardwood replaced!! ), I'm having trouble. They gave me, I believe, a T valve? ...

Water supply line--ice maker [ 4 Answers ]

The turn handle on our water supply line to ice maker is stuck--won't turn left or right. What do we do. We're afraid to force it.

Leaking water supply line to ice maker [ 1 Answers ]

The water turn off valve to our ice maker is leaking in the basement. How can this be fixed?

Stopping secondary water line to ice maker [ 2 Answers ]

I have a split water line that went to two refridgerators. After replacing one of the refrigerators, I no longer need a water line going to that refrigerator. How do I stop the water from flowing in that copper tubing?

View more questions Search