Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zuffy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Main air vent location
    I have a 1 pipe steam system. There was no main air vent installed, I think it was plugged. Last year, I have a plumber installed a Gorton 1 main air vent where it was plugged:

If you look at this pic:

This is the end of the main pipe and then curve to the left to a raditor and then pic 1. There are 3 risers that feed 2 raditors in the first floor and 4 in the second floor.

My question is, by having the main air vent there at the return, does it serve any purpose? I haven't really noticed. Also, will adding another Gorton 1 with a tee there will help? I have a water hammer problem in my master bedroom. Air vent is changed, radiator is pitched. Also, my bathroom vent and third bedroom hisses loudly. I did some skimming of the boiler but probably still need a more thorough skimming. It's much better than when I bought the house last year thought.
    zuffy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 12:42 PM

Oh, and here is a pic of the boiler. It's a Weil McLain EG45 (the pressure relief valve is piped down but not shown in pic)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Location of 93 Honda Accord main relay? [ 16 Answers ]

(EXCELLENT site by the way). Can anyone email me a picture or a diagram of WHERE on the drivers side kick panel area the mainrelay is located? Someone told me the cruise control relay is in front of it. Is that accurate? Thanks everyone.

Location of the main relay on the car. RZ-0159 [ 1 Answers ]

Location of the main relay on the car. RZ-0159

Honda main relay location [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I went through the trouble shooting steps mentioned, I cannot hear or fell the main relay clicking. I have looked for this relay, in the fuse box under hood, I don't recognize or see the main relay. What is the location for this relay in a 1990 HOnday Accord?

Main Breaker location [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Just found this great site. I hope someone can help me out. I am replacing the breaker panel in my house and because of the way the wires from the meter feed into the box I want to know if I can put the main breaker at the bottom of the panel and the branch circuit breakers above. I...

Distance from Tub/Lav vent to main vent. [ 1 Answers ]

Referring to the attached sketch, The existing sink drain has a vent that serves both it and the tub. When I relocate my sink, it adds about 4 more feet of length to the distance between the sink/tub vent and the main waste vent. This effectively makes it 10 feet. I believe this is likely too far...

View more questions Search