Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonifecher2006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Toilet Hook up
    How do I hook up the toilet when there isn't a flange?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 17, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jonifecher2006 View Post
    How do I hook up the toliet when there isn't a flange?
    I have several options for you.
    1) Purchase a brass closet, flange (see image) and screw it to the floor. Then set the toilet in the usual way using a wax ring. **or**
    2) Purchase a pair of wood screw closet bolts, (see image) and a wax seal.
    Place the bowl over the open hole and mark the center of the holes in the bowl. Screw the closet bolts into the floor on your marks. Now place the wax ring over the horn of the bowl and position the bowl and give it a little twist to set the seal. Tighten the closet bolts and proceed to set the tank and pipe the supply.
    A closet flange only purpose is to secure the bowl to the floor. It is not a seal and won't prevent leaks. With closet bolts screwed into the floor a flange's unnecessary.
    3) Purchase a NO-Caulk Closet Flange,(see image) and install it.

Good luck and thank youy for rating my answer, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet [ 5 Answers ]

When I flush the upstairs toilet the down stairs toilet bubbles and overflows for about 3 minutes, a few minutes later the toilet downstairs refills. PLEASE HELP

Moving a toilet [ 1 Answers ]

How would you go about moving over a toilet about a foot? I am waitting to make a door way .thank you

Toilet overflow [ 1 Answers ]

How do you stop a toilet from overflowing. The tank does not have the ball that I used to be able to lift to stop overflowing. I flushed toilet after using it and the toilet bowl started overflowing. Took off tank cover and expected to be able to lift the ball to stop the overflowing toilet...

Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

The toilet will not flush like it is supposed to, it will flush out solid but not paper. What makes the toilet flush?

Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I think one of my children flushed something down the toilet. The only things I think it can be is either a bar of soap or a wash cloth. Now you have to plunge it every time you flush. Any suggestions on what I could do myself before I call a plumber?

View more questions Search