Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dellbell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 02:43 AM
    Converting tub only to tub/shower.
    I trying to convert my tub only to a tub/shower. I have an older home and have been unable to find fixtures to accomplish this project.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 17, 2008, 06:37 AM
    Are you attempting to do this without replacing the valve? Your present valve may have provisions to attach a shower raiser and head. Tell me what you wish to do and how you plan to do it. Regards, Tom
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Hey all...

Dellbell... in addition to Tom's question also tell us if this is a clawfoot/slipper tub or another kind of metal tub?

If clawfoot/slipper type tub then they make a valve that includes a shower on it... ;)

Let us know...

MARK
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 08:04 AM

It should be easy task. Just provide info as asked above. We will tell you exactly how to proceed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting tub/shower to walk in shower [ 24 Answers ]

What do you think is the most inexpensive way to convert our tub to a walk in shower? The opening is 77" (a bench is at the end of a standard size tub). I know I have to break up the porcelain tub. I also need new shower fixtures for the old leakey American Standard faucet. It's for a lake...

Converting a hand held shower to a wall shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Any ideas on how best to convert a hand held shower (for a bath tub) into a wall shower head? We're in a new place that has a bath tub with a hand held shower, but no wall shower... can't imagine trying to take baths every morning (no time! ). Help, please! Thanks much!

Converting tub/shower to walk in shower [ 2 Answers ]

I have removed the one piece fiberglass tub/shower and ordered a swanstone retrofit shower floor. My question is about the drain and overflow setup from the tub. What do I do with that? Do I cut back to where they are connected to the drain pipe? I have read that where this T comes up to 2- 1 1/2"...

Converting Tub to Shower [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am currently working on a home project which I have taken out my bathtub all together. I have planned on making it shower only and purchased the shower head and adjustment handle to add on. My question is the old system has a 3 knob system which I want to convert to just the on round handle...

Converting bathtub/shower to shower only. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, is it possible to take out our fiberglass bathtub/shower surround, and convert into a step in all tiled shower. How would we go about doing that.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. :D MDStevens

View more questions Search