Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amsalvatore Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Broken Pipe
    I had a pipe break off in the female part, How do I get the threaded part of the pipe that is still there off? I have aleadt tried a internal wrench and that does not seem to work at all.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 06:21 PM

Give us some more detalis where is the pipe locate and what is this pipe for? Thanks.

John

Nov 16, 2008, 06:59 PM
    It is the plumbing for the bathtub faucet.
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 07:37 AM

Is the piece sutck in the faucet?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 08:00 AM

There is a simple, old fashioned, but nifty tool for your situation: Nipple Extractor. Costs $5.00. Insert it in, tap it with hammer few times, take channel locks and unscrew that broken pipe with easy.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 08:15 AM

Milo has given you a very good advice, I will add some more spray some DW-40 let it soak for a few minutes the use the Nipple Extractor, good luck.

John
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 17, 2008, 08:44 AM
    John/Milo,
    Did you miss this part of his post?
    I have aleady tried a internal wrench and that does not seem to work at all.
    Sal, Try this. Take a small sharp chisel and get it under the threads and pry up. Now chisel a slot in the threads that you've pried up and began to pell them out.
    Try not to nick up the internal threads any more then necessary. Good luck, Tom

Nov 17, 2008, 10:43 AM
    The chisel worked, thank you, Leak is fiexed! Thank everyone for all your help!!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 17, 2008, 11:18 AM
    DAMM! Ain't it great when a plan comes together? Glad you're all fixed up. If we can ever help again we're as close as a click. Tom
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 11:34 AM

Hi Tom,

You saved another life, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I began this adventure with a sink that would not drain on either side. We tried boiling water, plunging... So we took pipes apart to see if could find clog. When those were clear we checked all other drains for slow drainage. All working fine. We decided to snake the drain to pipes under...

Broken pipe in tee in wall [ 1 Answers ]

I tried to unscrew a 1 1/2 inch pipe from a cast iron tee in the wall. It is a drain connection for a bathroom sink. The galvanized pipe was old and rusted and broke off inside the cast iron tee. How do I get the rest of the rusted galvanized pipe out of the cast iron tee?

Broken Pipe [ 1 Answers ]

My very old outdoor faucet pipe broke-off inside the pipe fitting. I can't get the rusted broken piece of pipe out. What to do?

Broken or leaking pipe [ 3 Answers ]

If you have a broken or leaking pipe, would the water pressure lower?

Broken pipe? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having some problems with my hall bathroom. The toilet backs up, the sinks don't drain right and they back up the toilet. I had a plumber come out and he ran a snake down toilet, took off toilet and ran snake and got on roof to run snake down plumbing vent. This did not fix the...

View more questions Search