Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annmorales23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Leaking Diverter
    Help!

I have a 3 stem shower and the center diverter is leaking. I went to home depot and purchased new stems (including the diverter), replaced everything, and the center diverter still leaks! How do I get it to stop?

Ann:confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 16, 2008, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by annmorales23 View Post
    Help!

I have a 3 stem shower and the center diverter is leaking. I went to home depot and purchased new stems (including the diverter), replaced everything, and the center diverter still leaks! How do I get it to stop?

Ann:confused:
    At the time that you had everything apart did you check the seats for nicks or rough spots? Let me know, Tom
    annmorales23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 05:05 PM

Yes I did. There are no rough spots or nicks. What else could be causing the leaking in the diverter?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 06:02 PM

When you replaced the stems and the diverter did you flush the faucet before the installation, if not remove them check the seats for nicks or rough spots as Tom says, if you find any problem replace the seats. Before assembling the faucet turn on the water for a few seconds to flush any debris, good luck.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking of shower diverter [ 3 Answers ]

I just replaced the tub shower diverter and the whole apparatus came off while showering. I redid the whole thing and tighted better, but now there is a leak. I read previous posts which instructed to sand the copper pipe and rethread plummer's tape, however when I went to do that, I noticed that...

SYMMONS Temptrol leaking from diverter [ 1 Answers ]

Symmons sent the replacement seats and tools to repair a leak from the diverter hole that happens only when water is turned on. I replaced the seats, tightening by hand stopping short of cranking them. (I didn't use a torque wrench). Three times I removed them and adjusted them, but the...

Diverter still leaking [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there, I already replaced the single lever stem of the shower but the spout ( diverter ) is still leaking continuosly. How can I stop It?

Leaking water diverter [ 2 Answers ]

I am at a loss of what to do now. I replaced the old cartridge and water is still leaking out out the pull down water diverter.:confused:

Leaking diverter [ 3 Answers ]

My shower diverter leaks whenever I turn on the taps. I have an old faucet (pull type diverter ) that is located between the cold and hot faucet. Once the flow on the hot or cold tap is strong enough, I can pull the diverter and the leak from the diverter stops. I unscrewed the cover off diverter...

View more questions Search