Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ed3170 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Well pump keeps running and is stuck on 25 lbs
    Bought a new well pump, sometimes it goes to 40/60 the proper working pressure, and sometimes after running, it stays at 25 lbs. and keeps on running, when we unplug and plug back in a couple of times, it will catch and go up to proper pressure?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 16, 2008, 04:15 PM
    The very first thing I would check is the small tube that runs from the pump to the control box. Make sure it's clear and not blocked. If that didn't solve the problem I would move on to the control box and check it to see if the contacts are pitted of burnt. Did you ever lose all of your pressure after the pump shut off? Give me all the details you can, no matter how small. Regards, tom
    ed3170 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 05:04 PM
    The gauge is not stuck at 25 lbs, but the pump is staying steady at 25 lbs of pressure. The plugging and unplugging that I'm doing actually makes it build pressure at 60 and shut off
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 16, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Please answer my questions. I don't recall saying about the gage. Thanks, tom
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2008, 07:20 PM

Is this a submerged pump or above ground?

When you say "unplug it", do you mean switch the breaker or are you actually plugging and unplugging it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Well Pump stops running [ 6 Answers ]

1) I have a 220V 3 wire submersible pump in my well (30 feet deep) 2) The pressure switch close at 30psi as it is supposed to and the pump begins to run. 3) The pressue rises to about 40psi and the pumps quits for a few seconds and then starts again. 3) The pressure switch remains closed when...

Well pump cycles w/o running water [ 4 Answers ]

My well pump keeps cycling with out running any water. I put a new check valve on, but it still keeps cycling. What is my next step?

Outside Heat Pump Fan Not Running [ 1 Answers ]

Room temperature (on "cool") air blowing from vents, outside fan on heat pump unit not running. Just had the motor replaced a month ago. What could be the problem?

Should my circulating pump always be running? [ 1 Answers ]

My circulating pump is always running. I have a 3 zone setup and an adjustment dial ranging from 180 to 240 degrees for the circulating pump. It's set to 220. Is that correct and what does it do?

Water pump keeps running [ 3 Answers ]

The water pump to my well doesn't shut off some times. The water pump pressure switch sticks on, either because of the switch or the pressure gauge. If I tap the switch box it will click off. I have shut off the circuit breaker and loosened the nut (on the advice from a plumber). This helps for...

View more questions Search