Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karenbosami Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2008, 11:53 PM
    HIPAA violation

I just received a print out of all my precriptions from my husbands live in girl friend. I am separated from my husband for almost 2 years and going through divorce. I did have insurance through his work however I have a note on my file at walgreens to not give info to any one but me.. this information has been used to make a threatening remarks to me. I could use your best advice. Thanks Karen
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 15, 2008, 07:04 AM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

How do you know the info from this store was used?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by karenbosami View Post
    I just recieved a print out of all my precriptions from my husbands live in girl friend. i am separated from my husband for almost 2 years and going through divorce. I did have insurance through his work however i have a note on my file at walgreens to not give info to any one but me.. this information has been used to make a threatning remarks to me. i could use your best advice. thanks Karen

How did she get the info? From the Pharmacy? From (somehow) your husband? From his employer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HIPAA violation? [ 5 Answers ]

I am active duty military and we are always told that we are protected by HIPAA. The other day I found out my medical provider told a joke about me to other medical staff regarding one of my diagnosed medical conditions. Is this considered a HIPAA violation?

Hipaa violation? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I don't know if this is the right topic for the question or not, but here goes. I work in a hospital, and I was wondering if when talking to a co-worker outside of work Is it a hipaa violation to tell how many patients are on the floor, if that is all the info That you reveal?...

Hipaa Violation [ 3 Answers ]

I believe my Hipaa rights have been violated. I have sleep apnea and I recently had a sleep study done as usual follow-up for my condition. The other day in the mail I received a letter from a dentist who was soliciting for business for a dental appliance for people with sleep apnea. In this letter...

HIPAA Violation? [ 7 Answers ]

My Mom works for a home health agency. When she did home visits, she became good friends with one of her patients and his wife. She now does chart review in the office. While reviewing charts, she saw a note in "Bob's" chart that his caretaker (wife) had unexpectedly died. She is also friends with...

View more questions Search