Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srulik86 Posts: 168, Reputation: 3

Nov 14, 2008, 05:46 AM
    Trust issue running new relationship
    I have had my fair share of crazy relationships, 2 which really messed me up and left me very untrusting to women. I have starte dto believe that there is no such thing as love, that people only get with people because they want something from them, be it companionship, sex, status etc. terrrible as this sounds, my last girlfriend left me crippled when it comes to trusting other women and am currently in a new relationship which this trust issue is running, when I don't hear from her I think she has lst interest, I worry she is seeing othe rguys behind my back when I'm not about and am constantly worried that she is only using me because its here on her lap and she knows she has me. I may be completyly worg and probably am, but its ruining me and my relqationship and I can never just relax and enjoy it which is used to do. Any advice please.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 06:20 AM

No Trust = No relationship. You cannot blame your past on your current girlfriend. You need to learn to wipe the slate clean or your current girl will quicly become your ex girl.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 06:37 AM

Yep, the longer you look in the rearview mirror, the sooner you miss the future. Let all those bad feelings go
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Sounds like you never truly healed from your prior relationships... therefore affecting your current ones. You have to remember that this new girl isn't like the other girls you dated in the past.

I would forget the past and give this girl the benefit of the doubt that she is being faithful to you, unless you have concrete evidence to prove other wise. If you keep thinking that she is cheating your just going to drive yourself nuts.

Does she have any guy friends?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 14, 2008, 08:10 AM

You have a personal problem, you need to deal with, or it will haunt you forever.

Needs some help?
    debdoes Posts: 109, Reputation: 11

Nov 14, 2008, 09:49 AM

If you want to end up like me, devastated and broken hearted, stop now and get help. I too had an ex that was cheating on me and it left me untrusting into my last relationship. I always had those thoughts too if he went out or didn't call that he didn't like me which is totally untrue. I had no reason to not trust him and it was a turnoff to him and I blew it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Trust issue [ 7 Answers ]

A little about myself first, I am 18 and just graduated from high school. I met my current boyfriend at the beginning of January and we started going out on Valentines Day. He treats me how I should be treated and we get along very well, for the most part. The other day I did find out that he asked...

Living trust issue [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I are residents of Florida and also own property in New Jersey. Would a Living Trust cover property in both states, avoiding probate in both?

Title Trasfer to Trust, Les Pence issue [ 2 Answers ]

I am the 76 year old owner of a $6mil piece of property. A les pence has been placed on it claiming breach of contract via a lawsuit. The defendant is claiming that a verbal agreement was made to sell him the property for $3.5mil. No funds were exchanged and no documents have been signed. The...

View more questions Search