Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandramac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2006, 12:39 AM
    Inheritance while bankrupt
    I was declared bankrupt on 11 may 2006. My aunt has just died and left me her estate. Is there any way in which I can avoid handing over to my agent? Thank you
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 19, 2006, 06:08 AM
    Talk to the attorney that handled your bankruptcy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2006, 06:56 AM
    Let me see, don't take this wrong, you legally owe a bunch of people a lot of money, now you have gotten money and don't want to have to pay them the money you owe them and want a way out of it ?

Is that prettty much what we are saying.

Legally you have to report any change of income or money received, that was part of the paper work you signed when you filed for your bankrutpcy.

When you have no money and can't pay, bankruptcy is a legal way to get a fresh start, when you have the money and just don't want to pay it on your debts that is fraud.

Sorry got off the legal aspect onto the moral aspect, it's a collar thing this morning

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received Money From Person Who Went Bankrupt [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone A friend of mine lend CAD $30,000 to a friend. (no legal proof for lending), recently the guy who borrowed the money from my friend sold his house and called my friend and handed a bank draft worth of CAD $ 70,000 which is from his lawyer trust (after all mortgages and rest of...

Inheritance [ 1 Answers ]

My husband will be receiving an inheritance from an Aunt who past away. He will be receiving funds from a 401K account which we were told is all taxable and then from the sale of her home. Need some suggestions on how not to lose too much to Uncle Sam. Any help will be appericated.

Inheritance tax [ 5 Answers ]

I live in N.H. and my father has just passed away. He has left me part of his estate. He is married and I have one brother. The estate is to be divided as follows. His spouse is to get 50% of all assets and my brother and I are to get 25% each. His total assets are as follows. Approximately...

Mobile home company bankrupt [ 2 Answers ]

6 years ago my son bought a new mobile home. 3 years ago they noticed water in the wall and on the floor. They tried to file a claim with their insurance company, but was turned down, said it was company's faulty building. Tried to get the company to fix it. Was told company had gone bankrupt. IS...

View more questions Search