Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nargis21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 12:10 AM
    Criminal charges
    Hi dear, I have been married for 3 years. My husband loves me so much. We had a daughter and another one is due in 4 months. My family and my husband had problems since beging. My family made me cry manytimes and my husband was allway there for me. I am british and I have been living with my husband in Canada. Few months ago I found out that my father is sick and he is dying of cancer so I wanted to see him, that's why I cried many times and we had arrguments because my husband hates my family. On 23 of oct 2008 I was upset and I was asking my husband that if I can go see my father but he said no, they are nobody to us. I made him angry by crying, he can't see me crying so he pass his cell phone to me so I can call my father but by accident the phone hit my face. After that my husband got more angry because he came from work and he can't sit in peace. I was worried for my dad and also pregnant and I made him more angry so he did hold my arms, hold my face to wall and he told me stop it or I will beat you up. Then next day he went to work. I was so scared, worried about my dad and I don't know what I was thinking I called police and told them everything. Police charged him assult with weapon, assult and thretening. We love each other and we have new baby coming, I would like to know how those charges can be droped, how can it be over quick. Please help us.:(thank you
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Hello n:

People who hit don't stop. I wouldn't drop the charges. I'd go back to England to visit your sick Dad, and I'd STAY there.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 06:45 AM

First you don't need his permission or his blessing to go see your dying dad. Grow up and be independent to a point.

And I am sorry your family did him wrong, but that does not mean you can't visit,

He is acting childish,

To your legal issue, no you can not drop charges, once they are done, it will be up to the government,
    This is because most abuse women try to make excuses for a husband that is physcially abusive the next day, so
    bobloblaw Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Nov 11, 2008, 11:46 AM

I believe that is correct, at least in the us - domestic violence charges are not dropped. He may get into some kind of program, but men who are abusive do NOT stop, they only get worse.

If you want to subject yourself to that, fine - but this is a terrible environment for your children to be in. Abusers often learn this behaviour from their parents - is that what you want your child to grow up believing is right? No, you don't.

Also, you are putting your children at risk. If he will hit you, then chances are one day he'll hit your kids.

It sounds to me like he's got serious control issues. I kind of agree - I would put your foot down, tell him you're going to see your father (if you don't you'll never forgive yourself), and take the child and start over.

It's the hardest thing to ever ask anyone to do - but you need to do this for your children. Don't let them grow up with this man. Ask your parents for a loan to get a flight over if you don't think you can stand up to him, and just GO.

A man who will hit you can love you, but doesn't respect you - do you deserve better than just 'being his property'? You do.

If you need help, PM me, ill help you however I can. There are tons of resources for battered women (thats you!) and help is available.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal charges against tenant [ 1 Answers ]

If I file criminal charges against my tenant for destruction of property what would happen to them? Jail? (which I doubt) could I use this as leverage against them by telling them I would press charges if the property is not repaired? Or would this be against the law? I only want my property fixed...

Criminal Charges [ 2 Answers ]

I recently found out that a family member had multiple felony charges brought against them. They claimed they were not aware. Is it possible to be arrested and charged with 8 charges and NOT know? Charges stem from burglary, receiving stolen property, possession of illegal substance, manufacture...

Criminal Charges with Confusion [ 16 Answers ]

Hello MY daughter worked for a grocery retailer as a cahier for over a year. She recently was arrested for stealing money from her register. :( The amount was over $1000.00. She was using a supervisors code for returns that the supervisor gave her during a really busy day. The supervisor is...

Juveniles charges with criminal damage in second degree [ 4 Answers ]

Two juveniles were charged with criminal damage in the second degree. They have already paid restitution for the damages they did and we have to go to court in couple of weeks. They have never been in trouble until this incident. I'm a little concerned about what will happen to them. I know the...

View more questions Search