Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debkakes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Cat Meowing A Lot, Wants to Go Out
    We have an indoor/outdoor spayed male cat, probably around 4 yrs old (he adopted us, so we are not sure of his age). About a week and a half ago, he started being very unmellow at night -- waking us up with insanely miserable caterwauling, scratching at doors trying to get out. He is outdoors if he wants all day and up to 9 PM or so at night, but he just seems miserable in the wee hours. He does use his litter box, so it's not that. We are miserable as well. We have started locking him out of the bedroom (where he used to love to sleep with us) because of this new behavior. Could he be reacting to a female in heat? He doesn't seem to be in pain, he doesn't flinch or react when we pet him, and he's very loving in the evenings before we go to bed. HELP!
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Nov 10, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Seems like a normal cat. They're nocturnal y'know.

You also might try increasing the cleanliness of his litter box. I had a cat once who considered the box the Option of Last Resort, the preferred option being yelling and clawing at the door until he couldn't hold it anymore. The box had to be pristine.
    quickbrownfox Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 03:37 AM

Cats are night time creatures. Sometimes it's a full moon that drives them outside. I agree its normal behaviour. Box prestine yes but not cleaned with chemicals or he won't use it either.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 10:15 PM

I have had a cat do the nocturnal, wake you up thing. I opened the bedroom door and screamed and danced insanely. The cat quit waking me up as my behavior frightened it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meowing in cats! [ 10 Answers ]

My sister has a cat, I go over to her house to take of it, when she needs it. But the thing I would like to know is he always meows. What could that mean?

My five year old cat is meowing and spraying non stop what do I do? [ 5 Answers ]

My cat goes from spraying over my bedroom and loudly crying everywhere she goes. She does this for about four days or more then stops for a few days and does it again, what's wrong with her? She seems to be in heat but she seems to be in it longer than the last and soon after the last. She's not...

Unusual Meowing [ 5 Answers ]

I have a gray tabby cat about 16 month old. She was a stray so I'm not sure of her age. We went away this week-end for an overnight trip. Left her and my calico in the house together. When we came home of course she immediately wanted to go out (they are outside about 40% of the time, never at...

View more questions Search