Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dahlialine Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 09:25 PM
    My ex still likes me. I still like him. I'm miserable
    He was the one that broke up with me, it wasn't working because he was always so busy with everything else, we had no time together, and I was getting mad because of it. He said I deserved better so we broke up. We dated for around 9 months.

We had a period of no contact after the breakup but then a month or so later he started texting me a lot and showing up at places I would be. Now we talk and see each other every day. When we are together he is still touching me and flirting with me and everyone says its obvious that he still likes me. Later I found out he admitted to one of my friends that he still likes me.

He knows I still like him! And he was the one that did the break up. So shouldn't he be the one to bring up getting back together?
    If he doesn't want to get back together, why is he going out of his way to do all these things and act like he still likes me?
    It's really frustrating me. Either do something more or stop giving me mixed signals!
    If he told me he wanted to get back together, I would do it in a heart beat. But at the same time somedays I just want to forget about him and move on from this already!

Should I ask him for space so I can finally move on? Would that motivate him to do something?
    Should I say nothing and wait?
    What do I do!
    AustProd6 Posts: 88, Reputation: 15

Nov 10, 2008, 12:21 AM

Honey, HE needs to repair the damage of breaking up. If he hasn't said it straight out to you, it's because you are so eager and keen for it to happen, he thinks you'll just forgive him.

Make him work for it baby, get some self worth.
    If you don' it will quickly just fall back to how it was.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 08:32 AM
    Its not him its you. You allow him the contacting, and flirting, if you would stop it, he would have to sh1t, or get off the pot.

If you were busy, and unavailable, you wouldn't be getting mixed signals, nor hoping he makes a move.
    MissMax143 Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

Nov 11, 2008, 08:58 AM

I think life is to short to play these guessing games! You guys broke up because he was busy and he respected you, said you deserve more.. to me that is a respectable person! I don't think he did anything wrong, except be honest!! You said yourself you would take him back in a heartbeat... so go get him girl and stop being scared!! You know he wants you too!!
    dahlialine Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 03:47 PM

Should I just ask him straight up what he wants?
    Or would that scare him away?
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dahlialine View Post
    should i just ask him straight up what he wants?
    or would that scare him away?
    If it does scare him away, then you'll know for sure he's not interested in getting back together and then you can start NC and move on, so I would just tell him how you feel.
    joeysoccer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2013, 04:37 AM
    Hey I went through the same thing I broke up also and I still liked him and he still liked me. So if I were you I would try talkimg to him and letting out your feelings, telling him on how you feel about him and what to do to make everything the way it was. Also, make time for each other, if he really took it serious, then he would make time for you. Well, I fthis doesn't help it was my pleasure helping!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Miserable about Gay [ 12 Answers ]

I am in love with a guy who I just realised that he was a gay.It hurts when he lied me off that he is no more gay but actually not because he was trying to conceive his feeling. He told me that he is lost whether he is a straight or a gay. He said that he will never fall in love with a female...

Miserable in love [ 7 Answers ]

I have a girl friend who was with some other guy fr 2 years. She broke up with him after she met me and became very good friends wed me. She started loving me a lot at that time and had lost feelings for that other guy. Now after about 15 days of being together she is feeling depressed. She feels...

I am miserable [ 6 Answers ]

I am 23 years old and have 2 kids. My husband and I have been together since middle school. I feel like I am trapped in a marriage that I am emotionally abused by an alcoholic. I want out but have no where to go I have not worked and have no resources. I have met someone that is willing to help and...

Miserable is LA [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 12 years. I have been through it all with him - drug problems, baby mama drama, cave man mentality, etc. I am a working wife (2 jobs). I cook, clean, take care of the kids and all other household duties, including my wifely sexual duties. He does not help...

Miserable Mom [ 10 Answers ]

Hi my Aunt that I never had met took my daughter 6 years ago, she is now almost 12 I was wondering is there any time in her life she will be able to decide she wants to come home, and be able to? She is so not happy where she's at, she never has been, but she's a good child so she makes the best...

View more questions Search