Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iron502 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 07:00 PM
    This is for Clough.
    How do I use free internet advertising to start my commercial janitorial business? Clough, if your out there I could use your help. I've read some replies about using free internet advertising but not sure how to use it. Do I just post an ad about my business to all these free sites, keep them current, then hope for the best?

Like other sales people in the commercial janitorial biz, I've been having trouble getting sales, or even leads for that matter.

Recently, I've tried to get into Google adwords for another affiliate program I'm trying to sell but I'm scared to lose money doing that. Can adwords be used for commercial cleaning, or is it a waste of money?

Thanks!

Ken
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2008, 05:01 AM
    Hi, Ken!

Yes, you do post the ads and hope for the best! You copy and paste what you've posted and then post it on site after site. You save these ads in a program on your computer like Microsoft Word or the Draft files of your email program that you have. How you word your ads is integral to getting them noticed though when people do searches for what you do in the area where you do it. You also do need to be maintaining your ads. Some sites will let you post an ad for a number of years, while others will let you do so for a number of months or just days. Some advertising sites will remind you when your ads are about to expire. Most don't, though.

I have driven hundreds of miles around where I live posting my small "shingle" of what I do on any public bulletin board that I can find where it's okay for me to post an ad about my business of whatever sort that I'm trying to promote.

It takes a lot of effort, energy and time to advertise. But, it doesn't have to cost a lot of money.

The key word here is "effort". Please, make the effort..

For a couple of examples of me and how to get the most exposure on the Internet please click here. And, here.

Please also don't be afraid to post things on the Internet. I've literally got at least a couple of thousand things out there after having been doing it for over three years now. My email address as well as my phone number is listed all over the Internet. I've never spent a cent for getting exposure for what I do on the Internet. It's really easy to get exposed there. But, you really do need to know how to word things in order to get the best exposure. Most of the new business that I get for my businesses is from people finding me on the Internet because of what I do and where I'm located. It can work the same way for you.

I'm not sure about the Google AdWords thing. I don't use it. Perhaps someone might come along who knows about that though. I might use it in the future, but for right now, it's not something that I need. Advertising programs that are offered on the Internet aren't a way to make a living, but are what some people might call "found money". It's pocket change. If I were you, I would look into the many free ways that you can promote your business on the Internet without getting into anything that will cost you money.

I know that you've already read some things on threads about my posting things on the Internet.

In recap here, I can help you. How you word things is very important. Don't be afraid to post things on the Internet. Things that you have to pay money on the Internet aren't a way to make a living but might be a way to make some pocket change.

I do have one question for you. How much experience do you already have cleaning for others in order to make a profit for yourself, please?

Since your question is concerning a cleaning type of business, I'm going to alert Stringer to your post. He will also be able to guide you in a professional way since one of the things he is an expert in is at providing services in the cleaning industry.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thank you clough! [ 4 Answers ]

Clough- I received your answers to my last questions, Thank you very much it was very helpful! I just needed some help on how to word my ads? Again, I have a home and commercial cleaning business. Also, what is the product that will take soap scum off showers? Thank you and I look forward to...

View more questions Search