Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UncleRich Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Court Child Support Order
    If a child support order that was filed with the Clerk of the Court was never signed by a judicial officer, is it a valid order or legally deficient?
    UncleRich Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 06:58 PM

If an original child support order was entered with the Clerk of the Court without being signed by a judicial officer, is the order legally deficient and unenforceable?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 7, 2008, 07:28 PM

Who issued the child support order.

If this is merely a request to be heard by one of the parties, until the judge rules on it it has not effect.

If the judge approved an order, it will be in the court records that it was approved.
    08_777444 Posts: 111, Reputation: 16

Nov 7, 2008, 07:38 PM
    [Quote] If an original child support order was entered with the Clerk of the Court without being signed by a judicial officer, is the order legally deficient and unenforceable? [Quote]

No, the document is considered valid when it is filed with the clerk. Maybe your copy just doesn't have a signature on it and unless you physically go to the courthouse and review your file, you cannot be certain that the clerk's copy hasn't been signed by now.

You said it was already a court order. Therefore, I'm sure if the judge or magistrate didn't sign it someone authorized by the judge did. If someone tried to use the fact that the document wasn't signed as an excuse or a defense to disobey a court order, the judge would just sign it nunc pro tunc, which means a time in the past, and then you owe the back support anyway. They are wise to such tactics. Sometimes a signature isn't necessary, so as long as the clerk has entered it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Child Support order [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I had an open child support case in New York for the last 6 years. In which, I was granted a court order for $39.00, I have one child. Apparently, he is working for a trucking company who pay some on the books and off. I went in last year for a modification, my first one because $80...

Child support court order in another state [ 7 Answers ]

I divorced in 1997. Support order was for 62.37 a week for 2 kids.I have been fighting this for 10 years between states.. States are ILL/FL;;Finally I hired a private attorney took ex back to court in 2007 with 16400 in arrears.Still ILL hasn't updated their Support to the new order of 175.00 a...

Interim court order regarding where my child goes to school [ 2 Answers ]

My ex and I entered into an interim order last year regarding the city in which my son will go to school. The order called for specifics to be completed during the year and stated that so long as all was completed the order would become final. Now it is a year later, everything was completed as...

Court Order DNA test for paternity of adult child [ 3 Answers ]

I am an adult child. Born in wedlock but my father was not my mother's husband. My biological father lives in another part of town and will not take a DNA test. Can I proceed in court to get a court order to make him do so? Which court? Family or Civil (Equity case?) Is there any PA law on...

View more questions Search