Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonlite Posts: 90, Reputation: 3

Nov 7, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Can we obtain a restraining order ?
    An out of state relative has called my residence and threatened other relatives who are living temporarily with me (running away from him) with bodily harm. Can we obtain a restraining order on him based on our testimony alone ? Or do we need a better proof to obtain such order. I live in Arizona. Thank you.
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2008, 06:28 PM

I think this kind of thing has many variables. How sympathetic the judge is, what, exactly your "proof" is, etc. Are there children involved?

Have you file a police report? Is there any historical proof such as police reports?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 7, 2008, 07:55 PM

Depends on the court and the judge. What type of prior history is there up there, how many times police called, how many police reports.
    moonlite Posts: 90, Reputation: 3

Nov 7, 2008, 08:26 PM

No children involved. All the people involved are over 18 years old. And no, we did not file a police report and there is no history to these threats. This was a one time incident but I have a feeling they will continue along with the harassing phone calls. But I guess filing a police report would not be a bad idea for starters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restraining Order [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 18 and for the past year I have been dating a sixteen year old. I broke up with him almost a month ago. A lot of things happened between us over those three weeks that weren't so great. His mother only knows his side of the story, she knows that I slapped him and threw something at him ( it...

Restraining order! [ 2 Answers ]

I got my bank account restrained by two different law firms; I planned to go ahead with an income execution if so will the restraining be lifted once I start making the payments? Also will any money go to a restrainer after a certain period? Thanks

Restraining Order. [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so I hit a girl who used to be my friend, and Her mom got a restraining order on me. Well now she wants to be friends with me, but I wasn't Sure if I can actually be nice to her and talk to her, And if the restraining order was just for harassing her, Or if I can't talk to her at all.

Restraining order [ 5 Answers ]

I am currentlly with a man who is married but has been separated from his wife for 2 years. He is finally starting divorce proceedings. When he and his wife first separated she took out a restraining order to the effect that I cannot be around their 3 year old daughter. It has been almost 2...

Restraining order [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone get a restraining order based on a threat?

View more questions Search