Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seahippie Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2008, 05:12 PM
    How do you start your own forum website?
    Just wondering... how do you start your own webite with a forum? Is it profitable?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 7, 2008, 05:17 PM

If you get a lot of traffic because you have the perfect "hook," it very well could be profitable. For instance, Google ads help but won't make you independently wealthy. Another way to make money is to have a unique site that is on a certain subject and is very well put together, people want to belong to it, it might be "private," and members have to pay a fee to join.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2008, 11:51 PM

Hi, seahippie!

The answer above by Wondergirl is very insightful and true!

There's also quite a bit of information that you'll be able to find on links that are on the following search.

Starting a Website for Free Forum - Google Search

Is there a particular type of forum that you're wanting to start, please?

Thanks!
    lrwilkins Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2008, 07:11 PM

Hi Seahippie,

Activeboard is a free hosting site. You can make your forum any color or look you want. You will have complete administrative controls and can add someone to moderate it for you.

I have my own and I love it. Try it for yourself. Remember the magic word FREE!

ActiveBoard - Free forum hosting / message boards

LaCresha

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Creating forum for website [ 4 Answers ]

, Is there anyone who knows the fundamentals of creating a forum on a webspace... I need the codes and how to go about it very urgently... jst got a web job and was given to create a web forum joint for the website.thanks. -taytopy2k.

Know a good christian website/forum? [ 11 Answers ]

I checked into this forum a few days ago. But I clearly see how religion divides people. Mysticism, mediiums, astrology, all things I learned about were from a spirit of witchcraft almost a lifetime ago. Hearing these things makes me sad for all of the evangelists among us trying to help people...

View more questions Search