Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlavonb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Banned ventless fireplaces
    Which states have banned ventless fireplaces?
    dlavonb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 04:40 PM

How much carbon monoxide should a pilot light on a ventless gas fireplace give off that would be measurable?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Massachusetts and California for sure but you will need to check. Use GOOGLE.

How much carbon monoxide should a pilot light on a ventless gas fireplace give off that would be measurable? Use Google to find a manufactures site and your answer might be there.

Sounds like you are doing homework.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Nov 6, 2008, 06:09 PM

Damn. I never had questions like that for homework!

Nov 6, 2008, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkwithaK View Post
    Damn. I never had questions like that for homework!

Did you ever have homework? LOL:)

Nov 9, 2008, 08:09 PM

Rarely. I do remember having to swedge copper with a manual swegging tool and a hammer. Lol.

Nov 9, 2008, 10:05 PM
    We stlii have a manual tool which I demo but Imperial Eastman sent me a nice hydrolic unit to play with. Much easier to use and the bender is easier and more compact that the old style. Just got to love them tool.

Nov 10, 2008, 06:58 PM

Yeah I saw the ratcheting swegger. I thought about picking one up but haven't been able to justify buying one. I will tell you about the new Milwaukee impact I just picked up. I bought the 12V Li-Ion driver but kept breaking the brake, the impact has torque for days!
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 10, 2008, 07:02 PM

Ventless are not allowed in Montana, at least we are not allowed to install them, but the homeowner can do as they please.
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 10, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Would be interested in a link to the hydralic swedge tool, does it also serve to flare?

Nov 10, 2008, 07:43 PM
    This is not the hydrolic one but this works well. I will see if I can find the hydrolic tool.

Stride Tool Inc. - Imperial® Flaring & Swaging Tools For Soft Tubing Only - Copper, Aluminum or Brass

Here is the hydrolic but different mfg.

Mastercool Inc., International Hydraulic Tube Expanding
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 10, 2008, 08:08 PM

Wow, the imperial looks just like a wirsbo tool(used for wirsbo water pipe) Makes sense, seems like it would work very well for swaging

Nov 10, 2008, 09:48 PM

The first link is more along what I was referring to except it was the Ritchie/Yellow Jacket version.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol Gel Fireplaces [ 4 Answers ]

My new condo has no fireplace. I was considering a ventless gas fireplace, but read about dangers of CO and condensation problems. Does anyone know if the alcohol gel fireplaces have the same problems, or if they are cleaner burning and safer? Thanks.

Ventless Gas Logs [ 1 Answers ]

I have ventless gas logs in my fireplace. My fireplace is capped off right above them. When I'm using them, you can smell an odor that gets stronger the longer you have them on. It smells like gas fumes. I would like to fix this problem if it can be done. Any advice to alleviate this problem would...

Ventless fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ventless fireplace that is ten years old. It lights by holding a botton in for a few seconds then pushing another botton to start fire. Needless to say it does not work and has not worked for several years now. Can you tell me who to call for service? Thanks. :confused:

Fireplaces [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, this whisky4 asking about what is the highest/and/or safest tempature that a chimeny in a 1924 house can handle,has no dampener,and was checked by chiminey sweep and was OK the back of the box has a slope to it,but I noticed that the bricks at the back appear to be worn off by the years of...

Ventless bath fan... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Is there any type of ventless fan I can install in a bathroom that will actually help reduce the moist air? It is a rental unit and almost impossible to run a vent outside. Thanks

View more questions Search