Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashley velez Posts: 67, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 07:36 AM
    Media state disconnected
    When I go to the internet and shared folders within my domain it won't let me. It says there is no internet connection. Yet in network connections it says it is connected and working. In device manager it says it is working properly. The indicator light on the nic is fine. It was working 10 min ago just fine and no changes have been made. But when I do ipconfig, it says media state disconnected. This is a wired ethernet connection. Any ideas on how to fix?
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Nov 6, 2008, 04:47 PM

There are probably more than one connection type in your list of network adapters. You may have a wireless adapter, at least one Local Area Connection, possibly a 1394 Net Adapter. Which one of these in your IPCONFIG /ALL list is showing disconnected?

If this is a wired connection, then take a look at the Local Area Connection. What is the state of this connection and also, what is the IP address that it shows? Is it DHCP enabled? Are you connected to a router? Is this a cable/DSL connection?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Media state.media disconnected [ 3 Answers ]

I have two laptops and one currentlyis able to reach internet; the second does not. It states that the WLAN is disabled. Can't figure out how to enable. Working on a HP pavilion dv4000 with Windows XP. A couple of days ago when logging on it had an issue and I believe I put it on safe mode; not...

Media State. :media disconnected [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. My computer won't connect to the internet it says that a newtwork cable is unplugged although the internet works perfectly well. I tried cmd config /renew and it says the same thing. Does anyone know why my computer won't connect to the internet?

Cannot get on the Web Media Disconnected State [ 2 Answers ]

Media Disconnected State can not get online I've been having this problem for a couple of weeks now I cannot get on to the internet (wireless) and I cannot get the Media to say connected. On the wireless connection it says it is connected sometimes and sometimes it has the yellow ! And says...

Media state disconnected [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problems connecting to the internet. And when I went to the command prompt --ipconfig The wireless network connections states "media state... media disconnected What does that mean? And how do I reconnect?:confused:

Media State... Media Disconnected [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have two different internet connections. One, my roommates and I pay for to run torrents, online games, etc. The other is my complex's internet connection which sucks at anything but is used when roommates are sleeping and they are using torrents. My roommate tends to download...

View more questions Search