Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Nov 6, 2008, 01:43 AM
    How to restart a business?
    This is for my former boss who came to me with a favor to ask. She ran a concession stand in the parks and rec. department in a city in South Florida. She lost the contract, and had been happy doing concessions with the American Airlines Arena. She now wants to expand back into the concession stand business, but doesn't quite know how to do it. She got the job, I believe, through a former friend that had some inside pull with that city. Again, that is conjecture on my part. I've looked into her placing bids with county agencies, but I think that there might be more I can suggest? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2008, 07:08 PM

Hi, BIGBOPPER!

Aside from making personal contacts, has she done any other kind of advertising and/or promoting?

Thanks!
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Nov 7, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Not recently, she did advertise as a party concessions business (Cake, drinks, cotton candy, etc.) for awhile, but got out of that business too. I have offered to put up a basic website for her, but she has yet to give me the o.k.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2008, 11:43 PM

Thanks!

If you're able to put up a website for her, would I be correct in assuming that you know about all of the free websites that there are to do advertising? If not, then please let me know.

Most of my business comes from the free ads that I've place on the Internet. It works well enough for me that I've quit having ads in the Yellow Pages of the phone book. Most of my new customers find me on the Internet when looking for the kind of services that I provide.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

XP restart virus [ 1 Answers ]

I had a virus of some sort because my antivirus program was out of date. I uninstalled it and installed a new program. It installed and updated and ran OK. When it asked for a restart I proceeded to restart now it gets to the Windows XP screen with the line that tracks across but restarts before...

Goodman gmp 150 not restart [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have one Goodman GMP 150 and it shut down after 30 min aprox. and not restart without one manual reset, (shut off main voltage switch manually) Do anybody have the schematic circuit of the Honeywell board control? Thanks!

Restart oil burner [ 1 Answers ]

My oil ran out overnight. I put fuel in , but it won't stay on. Is there a pilot light that may have gone out also. Thanks

View more questions Search