Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tazekramer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 03:59 PM
    99 Dodge Durango Over heating
    I have a 99 Durango 5.2 Engine it started running hot over the summer when the A/C was on... so I turned it off... still over heated,replaced the thermostat and water pump, flushed system, and replaced fan clutch... ran good till yesterday started over heating again... I am lost replaced everything I can get my hands on and still over heats and ideas... bought a radiaor cap today on the way home heard that could do it but not sure why. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Eric
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 08:03 AM

When you say you "flushed system," are you sure the radiator is flowing freely through all the tubes?
    If any of the tubes in the radiator are clogged, flushing will only clean the ones that are still flowing.
    To check the radiator, you need an infrared temperature sensor.
    Handheld NonContact Thermometer - MiniTemp MT - Raytek.com
    Simply scan the radiator while the engine is up to operating temperature and see if all the tubes are moving heated coolant.
    If not, replace the radiator and install a clean 50/50 mix of coolant and water. Purge the air and retest for good flow in the radiator.
    I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Dodge Durango [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where the thermostat is on a 4.7L 2003 Dodge durango? >Moved from Feedback board<

Dodge Durango Electrical [ 2 Answers ]

2007 Dodge Durango purchased new by Fire Department delivered in May 2007. We added low volatage (LED) warning lights and radios after purchasing the vehicle. When making these connections we were very careful not to tap into anything that would cause problems for on-board computer. I ran a...

Dodge durango over heating [ 2 Answers ]

2002 dodge durang over heating dumped all cooliant and water, wondering if thermostat is bad and it back flowed? Any suggestions? Thanks. Duranimal61

Dodge durango [ 1 Answers ]

My Dodge Durango overheated yesterday, I went out today and have noticed a miss in the engine and oil & water coming out of the tail pipe, I have no idea what is wrong

View more questions Search