Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Nov 4, 2008, 06:56 PM
    98 ford contour questions
    Im taking my car (a 98 ford contour) into a mechanic tomorrow, but I would like to have an idea of what the problem could possibly be, so I don't forget to say anything.

First problem: When I'm stopped at a stop light or going at super low speeds, there seems to be a clicking noise on the right side, in the front of the car. It drove good for a few days, but for the past couple of days I've been driving it like crazy. I tried to research the problem and I came up with the possibility that it could either be brake boosters or calipers?? Does that make sense? If so, what is a fair price for those to be bought and fixed? When the car is in neutral or park, it doesn't make the ticking/clicking noise. I did gt a belt replaced a few days ago, but wouldn't that make the noise in any speed or position?

There also seems to a noise when I go over bumps or railroad tracks and such. Its only in the back. Could that be struts?

Im not good with cars so I don't know if I'm even close to the right thing, thanks though!

Check out some similar questions!

1997 contour fuse box [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find a 1997 ford contour fuse panel layout

1997 ford contour fuse panel guide [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there... anyone know where to find the radio/clock/mirror fuse on a '97 ford contour?

1999 Ford contour [ 1 Answers ]

ZHow do you get the alternator out oa a Ford Contour. My husband has the tire off and has it jacked up but still can't get to it. Is there a trick? He say that there is no room to turn the wrench and the screw are not located on the top.

Contour Integral [ 1 Answers ]

is there anybody there who is interested in complex calculus? Is the theorem right? ---------------------------------------------------------------------- When you integrate f on a closed loop, you may or may not get 0 as the total integral. It depends a lot on what f is, and what the loop is....

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.