Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ab2008ab Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Arkansas Southwestern Bell 8 year old debt
    I just got a call from a collection agency saying I had an old debt from 2000 withsouthwestern bell. They were very rude and told me that I didn't pay my bills and that I was just buying time by wanting them to produce the bill showing what I owed. I was told no when I asked to speak to their supervisor and then they said they had been mailing me bills and I asked to what address and it was wrong. I told the guy that I would teel his supoervisor my mailing information when he called me. I do not think that I have any past due bills from 2000 but even if I did wouldn't it have come up before now? What is the best way to handle this. The collection agency is "Portfolio" I do not know if they are a reputable agency or not.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 02:48 PM

Ok, the fact they don't want to send you proof of debt is a big sign, also they are suppose to send you verification of the phone call.

So you needed to get their mailing address and mail them notice not to call you any longer but to do it all by mail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20 year old debt [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 41 years old. When I was about 22 in 1986 I bought a car from a dishonest salesman. When I realised my mistake I refused to pay another dime on the payments and purposely allowed the car to be reposessed. This debt was on my credit report for 10 years. After silence for approx 20 years I get a...

10 year old debt [ 3 Answers ]

Is a 10 year old debt valid to pay if I'm on disability?

7 Year Old Debt [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I received a restrainig notice from my bank in re of a debt from 5/1999. I filed a dispute because I do not believe I owe this money (I have never had the credit card in question). I now receive a phone call in re of a second credit card account from 10/1999 & they are trying to collect on....

Jeanne Bell, sister of Alexander Graham Bell [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to find out information on Jeanne Bell, i.e. parents, date of birth, marriage, etc.

14 year old tax debt [ 2 Answers ]

Help Please! Long story short. Moved to NC from CT in 1993. Just received first statement from city of Stamford, CT tax collector saying I owe a $68 tax on a vehicle I owned in 1992 they have now added 14 years of interest on this debt making it a total of $269. I've never seen a statement on...

View more questions Search