TODS AUTO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Automatic Transmission shifts
    Ford: Automatic transmission shifts 1,3 OD,No 2nd gear
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2008, 02:04 PM

Several thoughts:

. Drop and clean transmission pan. This should give you a good idea if anything unusual is going on.

. Check second gear's solenoid.

. Check/replace Transmission Range Sensor (TRS) and alignment.

. Ensure transmission fluid and filter are changed every 30,000 miles--I recommend Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF.

If fluid and filter have not been changed regularly, consider Auto-RX treatment. This should help remove any sludge and deposits. Afterwards, use Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Automatic Transmission Sensors [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. Can you tell me all the names of the "sensors" located on my automatic transmission?

Generic Automatic Transmission [ 1 Answers ]

Generally, does the AT fluid go through the torque converter before or after it reaches the cooler? Thanks

Automatic Transmission Slipps [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have Ford Falcon EL 1997 model. There is switch Economy Mode and Performance mode. When I put the switch in Eco mode, the transmission slipps. But when I put it into the Performance mode, It works OK. So What could be the problem? Electronic, Mechanical or Solenoide, Computer?? Thanks

Automatic Transmission Slips [ 1 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, I have Ford Falcon EL 1997 model and my automatic transmission slipps. Did service twice, but no luck. What could be the problem?

Shifting an Automatic Transmission [ 3 Answers ]

My buddy has a 1999 Chevy Cavalier. It is a 4 speed automatic. He likes to pretend it is a 4 speed Manual. So he throws it into 1 gear and then he does burnouts and stuff like that in it. He will then let off the gas pedal shift to 2 gear and slam on the throttle. It shifts and does fine. Well one...

View more questions Search