Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandramartinez5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Fathers visitation-never married
    How can a father who was not married to child's mother obtain legal visitation rights?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 3, 2008, 12:20 PM

By going to court to establish paternity and make himself the legal father. Then requesting a visitation schedule.
    bobloblaw Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Nov 3, 2008, 12:43 PM

If you have the child's birth certificate with your name listed as father, you have certain legal rights under the law to see your child. You probably don't need a lawyer if it's a simple situation - go to court, file a petition, and good for you. Its nice to see fathers who want to be involved, I hope things work out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody/visitation rights for fathers [ 12 Answers ]

I have joint custody of my oldest son an want visitation rights to see my daughter an youngest son whom are from other relationships,what do I have to do to get these right,both are taking me to court for child support but I haven't seen my daughter at all an she is almost 2 years old,my youngest...

Fathers weekend visitation 2 questions [ 5 Answers ]

I am divorced. I realize I can not control what my exhusband does on his weekends he has our son. However, for the last year (our son is almost 2) each time after his fathers visitation weekend my son gets returned to me with extreme diaper rash, all different sorts of rashs (he does have sesitive...

Fathers visitation [ 3 Answers ]

My son is almost 3 years old and his birth father had been in and out of his life for the first yr. he was an abusive alcoholic and I finally got out of it. He has domestic violence charges. He has not been a part of my sons life for the last yr and a half other than paying child support. I married...

View more questions Search