Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hector5 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Identify Artist,signature-original lithograph-60's or 70's
    Please help identify the artist signature on this original lithograph of a woman holding a bouquet of poppies-the style & colors used would seem to place it in the 1960's or 70's-it has a card attached to the back from the "Societe de verification de la nouvelle gravure internationale of new york and paris" , with an address for "the collectors guild, ltd, 185 madison ave, ny 10016 - I cannot read the signature - it also has a raised notary like seal on the lower left side
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2008, 03:49 PM
    Hi, hector5!

Just for ease of reference, in case someone might come along who might be readily able to identify the signature, I've posted the image of the signature that you had as an attachment below.

Thanks!
    Attached Images

miklos65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 04:22 PM
    Hello. Michael from Wisconsin here. I also have a print from the same publishers that I can't read. Aside from that, Ive handled your artist before. His style is easily identified as Yves Ganne. He is quite good. Look him up and you'll see this same style. I hope this helps you. Now I wish I could figure mine out! Bye.
    valoree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2011, 01:05 PM
    Lithograph of datd haured woman holding child with orange hair and dark blue eyes back of woman is shown and child's face is shown woman wears green, red and yellow kimono

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identify Avante Studios and/or Artist Signature - Oil Painting [ 8 Answers ]

This oil painting endorsed on the back as Avante Studios, Inc. is a mystery to me. From what I know, my parents acquired it in the 60s, and as you see, the subject matter definitely embodies the owl craze of the era. Can anyone help identify the studio, artist, or value? Any information is...

Classic rock artists (60's and 70's) [ 2 Answers ]

Who sings "War"? (what is it good for?)

Children's fantasy from the '60's-mid 70's [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to identify and locate a book that I loved as a fourth/fifth grader in the mid-seventies. It was a book about a girl who heard music coming from the woods at night. One night she follows the sound to find a boy training ponies in an open field. They become friends, but the ponies...

Lithograph value and signature [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to help a family member ascertain the value of a lithograph.It is the same as one in the Smithsonian Institute.It was produced in 1866 by A. Hoen&Co. and is of Robert E. Lee's Farewell Address.It is in good condition for it's age and the colors on the flags are still there.It is in a...

View more questions Search