Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alan Hall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 09:49 AM
    1991 Honda Accord won't start - no spark
    I have a '91 accord that won't start. Cranks fine but has no spark. There is power to the distributor with the key on, and I have replaced the Ignitor and the coil. Does the ECM get involved with ignition during a start? Also could the key in the start position effect power to the distributor? Thanks for any help!
    mazak Posts: 148, Reputation: 5

Nov 3, 2008, 10:09 AM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html

Try this link,and good luck.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2008, 10:38 AM

It was smart to replace the ignitor and coil--ensure that the female connectors are clean and tight (crimp with pliers, if necessary). Hopefully, the rotor, distributor cap, and spark plug wires are in good shape. Ensure plug wires are seated in distributor cap.

. Test all under-dash and under-hood fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

. Check for codes.

. Perform tests, in Sections A and B, below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html

. Ensure timing and timing belt are fine.

Should problem persist, there may be a problem with the distributor; e.g. failed CKP, CYL, or TDC sensor.
    jackswild77 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2011, 11:26 AM
    My 91 accord doesn't get power to the distributor what might my problem be?
    jackswild77 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2011, 11:27 AM
    I've replaced my ignitor and coil but still no spark any ideas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 Honda Accord LX won't start,no spark [ 4 Answers ]

My 92 Honda Accord won't start, coil has no spark.the starter cranks fast, I replace the coil, the main relay switch and the ECU module inside the distributer.I used a multimeter to check the battery voltage (12 volts) but the highest voltage going in to the coil is only 1.4 volts. I could use some...

1991 Honda Accord --> No Spark, after cleaning throttle body - [ 1 Answers ]

85k original miles, just bought the car. Was cleaning the throttle body with TB cleaner and I sprayed too much, which I think flooded the engine. I tried to run it to burn away the access fluid but it stalled after 8 seconds of being on. I let the car sit for a day in an attempt to dry out the...

1991 honda accord won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1991 honda accord ex. I was driving the other day and it just stopped running. This is not a timing belt or distributor problem. After the car sits for a while it would start again. I ran codes on the ecu and it said 43. Fuel supply system. I have fuel going to the fuel rail. I know...

1991 Accord Won't Start no spark [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am at a loss I just got this car about 10 days ago and it was running great 94,000 original miles. Then I started it up and started to pull out of my Dr's parking lot and it coughed once like it was running out of gas and then died it wasn't out of gas, and now won't start. I have a couple of...

View more questions Search