Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dakshawn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 08:10 AM
    Adding return duct work
    If I add return duct work to a forced air system does the furnace require adjustment?

Not all of the return duct work was in place. When I gutted the basement and removed ceiling drywall, the sheet metal lining running opposite to the floor joists was up, but the previous owner decided to strap over it and drywall..? The ductwork was up in the garage.. so I decided to put it into place.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 3, 2008, 03:11 PM
    See other post
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Nov 4, 2008, 10:44 AM

No you cannot have too much return air, only too little.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding return duct work [ 1 Answers ]

If I add return duct work to a forced air system does the furnace require adjustment? Not all of the return duct work was in place. When I gutted the basement and removed ceiling drywall, the sheet metal lining running opposite to the floor joists was up, but the previous owner decided to strap...

Return Air Duct not sealed [ 3 Answers ]

I was told by a home inspector that the two return air ducts in the house are not sealed properly. Can any body let me know how to go about getting this fixed, what the costs might be. One is on the first floor and one is on the second floor. Thanks

Return air duct at top of stairway [ 1 Answers ]

Regarding the return air vent that are located at the top and bottom of the wall and can be opened or closed. If in the winter the bottom vent is open and the top vent is closed in the hallway upstairs what keeps the warm air that moves up the stairway from being pulled through the open return air...

Loud Return Air Duct [ 1 Answers ]

I have a forced hot air furnace, installed in September 2002, located in the basement. The blower motor is belt driven, single speed. While the blower is running it you can hear it all over the house. The return air grill is located out side of a bedroom and during the night when the blower comes...

Return Air Duct [ 3 Answers ]

I rent a townhome. It has 2 air conditioning units. I don't know what brand they are. The upstairs does not cool very well. It is always warmer than downstairs. The return air unit is in the storage closed downstairs. There are 2 return air ducts. The one downstairs was covered up behind...

View more questions Search