Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkochman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2006, 03:58 PM
    Blood types and pregnancy
    I wanted to know about blood types regarding pregnancy. I'm A- and am going to order sperm from a sperm bank. What blo od types from the donors are OK for me to choose from?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 11, 2006, 04:00 PM
    The blood bank will know specific types. However, you should not get A+. This will result in RH- factor, which is not good, it could cause serious complications including death to the mother or child.
    Expert

Jun 11, 2006, 04:05 PM
    Any type is perfectly okay to have, except as posted before A+

If sperm donor is A+ and mother is A-, this will result in the mother attacking the "fetus'" system, particularly during the second pregnancy.

This is considered the Rh blood group named after the Rhesus monkey.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 12, 2006, 03:55 AM
    I'm not too familiar with policies and procedures of sperm banks, but I think they should be able to answer all of your questions to your satisfaction before selling you the product. If not, then please talk to your physician before making such a decision. Only after all of your doubts and fears are answered, should you in all good conscience go through with the procedure.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
    There is no 'refund' in this choice you are making.
    Expert

Jun 12, 2006, 12:09 PM
    Yes, Chery is correct. If this is a reputable sperm bank they will make sure that blood types are compatible. Just remember to make sure that it is not A+ if they do not ask. If they say they do not know the blood type, go to another sperm bank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Types of gun [ 16 Answers ]

How many types of guns are there?

Blood types? [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend really wants to have a baby. Well, not at the moment, but she wants to be ABLE to have a baby. She read somewhere that people with Type O blood can NOT reproduce unless their partner has a negative blood type. Now, I'm having a hard time understanding this because apperently O blood...

Modem Types [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Could anyone advise me on what I have to do if I currently have a broadband connection (all connected up and installed) in my home but my PC only seems to have a 56k modem installed. Ie: Is there still a way I can connect to the internet on my PC via my broadband cable? The connector on the...

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

View more questions Search