Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lowrider187 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 10:25 PM
    Mom died stepdad try to screw me over
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mom passed away 12 years ago. About 5 years later the state sent me papers saying I had back child saport from my real dad . But I had to open a astate for her I tried but he said he wonted half. He was only my step dad for 2 years. Dose he have any right to anything thank you for any help I'm 28 I've been waiting because I don't won't him to get anything
    aaj2008 Posts: 139, Reputation: 7

Nov 1, 2008, 11:07 PM

My question is how you typed "wonted"? O is a long ways away from an a on a keyboard. Or how you put saport... You are 28 and you do not know how to spell support? Sorry but I can see why you are asking for help
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2008, 07:09 AM

There is an same post from a day or two ago they should be combined. But as Calif said on the other one we are going to need more information such as why you waited this long. You should really get a lawyer because from the look of your posts you are going to need a lot of help (probably more than what we can give) especially because it has taken you this long to try to do anything. And depending on the state he would be entitled to things in her estate because he was her spouce and in many states that I know of spouces get a certain percentage if not everything.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 08:55 AM

Well first there should have been an ESTATE when she died, if not, you don't need his permission to go to the probate court to start one.

So he wants half, who cares, you can't get anything without going to probate court, so do that to start with.

Next how old were you when your mom died, if you were still living at home with step dad and he helped to raise you, perhaps he is due some money, so that will be for the courts to decide.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dumbass Stepdad [ 6 Answers ]

My mom just recently got married to a complete j***a** and I HATE HIM. He always looks at me wrong and I feel very insecure at my own home and it needs to end. I have tried talking to my mom about it but she always just yells at me to mind my own business. He only uses my mom for sex and money,...

Mom died stepdad trying to screw me [ 1 Answers ]

My mom passed away 12 years ago. About 5 years later the state sent me papers saying I had back child saport from my real dad . But I had to open a astate for her I tried but he said he wonted half. He was only my step dad for 2 years. Dose he have any right to anything thank you for any help

Lazy,rude and annoying stepdad [ 3 Answers ]

Im sure you guys have already read my rant about my stepdad but this time my mama asked me to type a question on her behalf so here goes: My stepdad lost his job two months ago and has yet to find another one. He says he goes to different places to apply for a job but he either gets turned down or...

Drinking with stepdad [ 46 Answers ]

I am 16 and my mom is going out of town this weekend. My stepdad told me that if I wanted, he would get beer and I could see what it is like to drink alcohol. He says it's better to experiment in a safe environment instead of at a party or something where someone could take advantage of me when I'm...

Bio dad is out of the pic, can stepdad adopt? [ 6 Answers ]

HI. I got divorced a few years ago. My ex and I had two children together. After the divorce he saw the kids twice. Now he has not seen them in 17 months, or had any communication with them in 12 months! We do not have his address, phone number, or any info about him anymore. He has not paid child...

View more questions Search