Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frazier52 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Setting up wireless home networking via a wireless aircard
    I am trying to set up a wireless home networking using a wireless aircard. I have installed the wireless air card via USB connect on my desktop PC. I have a Linksys Wireless router and I want to be able to connect two laptops wirelessly via this router. I am having problems establishing a connection. Need help
    The Rev Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 08:19 PM

Have you set up the network name and whatnot through the router's configuration page? Start here, go to 192.168.0.1 in your browser window, the username and password should be nothing for username and admin for password. If these don't work, Google the router's Model # and "admin password" to find the proper ones for your router. Once into the router's settings, add a name for the network.
    Then, under My Network Places on one of the computers, choose "Set up a Network for Home or Office" and walk through the steps, using the name of the network that you just created. If you get stuck, reply here and we can move from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless router that accepts verizon usb aircard [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a wireless router that accepts a Verizon USB aircard so I can use that aircard for a home wireless network?

Wireless networking [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I Need To Connect Two Computers Through Wireless Networking They Are 80 Feet Away From Each Other. I Need To Get Into One Computer Through The Other One. Thank You

PC use of Verizon Wireless Aircard or Wireless USB Modem [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have an idea of how to set up a home PC (not a laptop) to use Verizon's Wireless Aircard Broadband PC cards? I'd like to go the cheaper route and get the PC card... and see how it works. My other option is purchasing Verizon's wireless USB modem. Has anyone used one on a home PC? ...

Wireless networking [ 2 Answers ]

I have two computers set up with a Belkin wireless router.One computer has a Belkin wireless network adapter and the other has Belkin wireless desktop card.Should they both have either Belkin wirelesss cards or Belkin USB network adapters? I want to know why one computer can access files and...

View more questions Search