Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mosag330 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Oct 30, 2008, 06:49 PM
    It's driving me crazy.
    I was dating a really amazing guy for two months until last May, when he broke up with me. Didn't give me an explanation, just dropped off the face of the planet. No warning-- he went from texting me every night to tell me he loved me, gnight; making plans as far ahead in advance as September; introducing me to his friends; treating me like a princess; then the three days leading up to breaking things off, he was suddenly distant and wouldn't return my calls.

This was six months ago. I haven't spoken to him in nearly as long. Over the summer I was driving myself crazy wondering what happened-- the fact that he didn't explain to me what was wrong left me unable to move on easily. I eventually accepted it was over.

When school started again in September, I was expecting to run into him on campus. We do-- we run into each other at least three times a week. The funny thing is, whenever he sees me, he ducks his head and bolts in the other direction.

Suddenly I'm not over it again. I can't understand why he is acting like this. I've never done or said anything to give him any reason to be afraid to be in the same building as me-- and I haven't tried to speak to him either (not that I can... he never gets closer than fifty feet before he scampers off). His behavior hurts, it's confusing, it makes me angry, and it's just plain childish.

Thoughts?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 30, 2008, 08:55 PM

Sounds as if he has a problem, not you. Leave him alone.

Oct 31, 2008, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Sounds as if he has a problem, not you. Leave him alone.

Done. I've "left him alone" for six months and counting.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Oct 31, 2008, 02:11 PM

OMG what a total pr!ck!! Wow I'm sorry hun for that happening to you.. that's got to be very heartbreaking!

He is soooo not worth any type of thought, as to figuring out what happened,. that's not what you should be worrying about, and believe me I know it's easier said than done..

Try getting out and trying new hobbies, try hanging out with your friends, try going on a couple of dates with some guys.. just get your mind off it all..

Just know, that while there are a lot of douche bags out there, most guys aren't that slimy to do something like what your ex did... so the odds that it's going to happen to you again are slim..

Just try to enjoy your free life.. and be social.. again I'm so sorry you had to go through that... ARG MEN SOMETIMES!!
    lmnotok Posts: 217, Reputation: 37

Nov 2, 2008, 01:06 AM

Yeah, have some faith in yourself. The guy is an jackass, if he avoids you, you avoid him back. Fair enough. He's not even worth for you to have a glance. Smile and move on, you don't have to put up with sh!t, don't let thoughts about him occupy your mind
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 2, 2008, 01:27 AM

My first thought was the jerk knows what he did is wrong, and is running with his tail between his legs like a little puppy.

This guy his no inner moral compass, and just count your blessings, although a hard thing to go through, that he is out of your life. I can only imagine what would happen if the two of you were together, and you encountered difficult situations. He would probably run and hide then too.

I know it hurts, but I think you know that you can and will do better. Having to run into him and seeing his childish behaviour, should only reinforce in your head the way he handles things, and the reasons you don't need him in your life.

Hang in there. It will get better! :)

Nov 3, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    My first thought was the jerk knows what he did is wrong, and is running with his tail between his legs like a little puppy.
    LOL I can definitely believe that. Now I'm going to be really amused when I see him scamper off on me like that again... arf arf arf
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2008, 10:57 AM

Believe me when I tell you not all guys are like that. Some just give us a really bad name. You are waaaay better than that. His loss.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 3, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mosag330 View Post
    LOL I can definitely believe that. Now I'm going to be really amused when I see him scamper off on me like that again.... arf arf arf
    Maybe you can send him a big box of Milkbones and a Chew Toy, wrapped in a big red bow for C'mas! LOL! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EX Driving me crazy [ 12 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I don't know the purpose of this post- perhaps it's just to vent or look for support. I made a few posts about a month ago about the demise of my relationship. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/girlfriend-wants-space-244626-8.html#post1196716...

Driving me crazy [ 5 Answers ]

I recently posted on here regarding my situation.. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/do-still-have-chance-237170.html#post1149165....and here I am and its driving me more crazy then ever before.. I thought it would get better but its not.. I tried the NC rule for about 3 weeks then I...

This is driving me crazy! [ 7 Answers ]

I don't remember the name of the movie, but it is driving me crazy!! It is form the 80's or 90's. It is about a little girl, and she steps through a mirror in her bedroom and goes to an animated land with little creatures. I think the little girl was brown headed, but I'm not sure. Any help would...

View more questions Search