Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    truck driver Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Automatic Sensor
    What is the name of the device that sense low battery and automatically starts the charging system ?
    T D
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Oct 29, 2008, 06:41 PM
    "What is the name of the device that sense low battery and automatically starts the charging system ?"

Outside a car : it is part of almost every professional battery charger.
    Inside a car : it is part of the continuous charging system.
    In both cases it is an electronic circuit that checks the status of the batteries (a regulator).

Have a look HERE , HERE and also HERE for more information...

:)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2008, 09:14 PM

Way back it was separate and mechanical and was called a "voltage regulator". Today, it's solid state and internal to the alternator and basically turns on and off the rotor field current to regulate voltage.
    sathe1963 Posts: 97, Reputation: 4

Apr 26, 2009, 09:38 AM
    In india, it is called as cut out system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MAP sensor;Mass Airflow sensor;Volume Air sensor-All Same? [ 8 Answers ]

97 Nissan Pickup - 160,000 miles - KA24E engine -Check engine Soon Light Code reader says volume air sensor. Is this the same as a mass airflow sensor or the MAP sensor? Where is this sensor located, in the throttle body injection? Just threw a new O2 (Bosch)sensor on it, I lost that bet.. it...

1989 honda civic. (code 4)crank angle sensor.(code 8) tdc position sensor [ 0 Answers ]

The car idles randomly after warm up.I check the ecu for codes and it gives 4 crank angle sensor and 8 tdc position sensor. I did a search and one of the ad posted by a guy in Canada says that he had to get part from different vehicles until he got all of them to work properly. Will I be able to...

Fan won't run on automatic. [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing a Trane mercury operated 4 wire thermometer (no heat pump) with A Hunter Electronic Digital Thermostat Model 42999. Everything works except the Blower will run on manual but not on automatic. The new thermometer has R, W, Y, and G terminals. The RH and RC terminals are jumped.

Automatic locks [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to disable the automatic locks in a 2003 nissan frontier? Also I have an anoying coolent smell only coming from the outside of the truck. I've had it to the mechanics and they could not figure it out. Any suggestions?

Automatic Updates MS. [ 4 Answers ]

G'day ; MS. automatic updates will not install, but if I download and install them manually all is OK, is there any help out there?? Using Windows XP SP 2 Trendmicro anti virus plus Spybot search and destroy. Blessings <M>

View more questions Search