Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennifer ellen Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2008, 02:14 AM
    5 weeks on period?
    Hi

I have been on my period for 5 weeks now, it started dark brown and stringy I've read this is old bloody but the last 2-3 weeks it has been fresh blood, I am booked into the docs tomorrow for a smear test but cannot go through with it as they can't do smears while on your period, so I have read.

I will still be going to the doctors but can anyone help me and let me know what this could be? I don't have any cramping with this nor am I any more tired or sick nothing!!

Please help I have out this add on here 3 times now and no one can seem to help me ;(

Thanks x
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2008, 02:27 AM

They can do a smear while you are bleeding, so do go in and have things checked. They will possibly also do an ultrasound as well to look for possibility of things like cysts and thickening of the lining of your uterus.

Oct 28, 2008, 02:31 AM
    Is the symptoms I'm having related to having cysts?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2008, 05:30 AM

Yes, cysts are one possibility for causing unusual bleeding... others could be endometriosis, uterine polyps, a hormone imbalance, etc.. In the majority of cases the cause is benign... with possibly a D & C being recommended to further look into it depending on what may be found.

Oct 28, 2008, 05:53 AM
    That's brilliant thank you for replying I feel more knowledge now and I'm much happier to go to the doc tomorrow with knowing what might be in ming or happening.

I have had a D AND C before when I miscarried 2 years ago so I know what goes on there.

Thank you so much for helping me

Hopefully I will find out more tomorrow but glad you let me know what could be the possibilites,

Many thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period for 3 weeks. [ 4 Answers ]

hello all! my question is... what causes your period to happen for so long and different colors? here is what going on and about me. age:26 yes on the pill have been for almost 5yrs. Last month I was nauseas about once a week. I never missed a pill the only time was when I took it and the I...

Off OCP 6 weeks but no period yet. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has expereineced something like this. I have 2 children already and we decided to try for another. Came off pill 12th November and still haven't had a period. Feeling nausous sometimes but no other symptons. Had one BFN test. Any ideas?? Baby hopes and...

Period every 2 weeks [ 1 Answers ]

I was on because pills and got off them (Yasmin)! How long does it take to get back to regular! I have my period every 2 weeks?! I'm trying to get pregnant and this doesn't seem to make the situation any easier!

Period every 2 weeks? [ 4 Answers ]

My period is irregular. And normally it comes like once a year. Januaury I went on the pill. And I stopped taking it after one month. I got my period march. Then I got it a month later as if it was regular. But then I got it 2 weeks later. And then another 2 weeks later. And now I just got it...

View more questions Search