Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sashamalone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Can she prove me unfit?
    I have a 6 year old daughter and when she was 1 I signed temp custody to my parents so she could have the best insurance coverage so I wouldn't have to have her on a medical card. Now I have a great job with great medical coverage and my mom won't sign custody back. What do I do about getting custody back?
    sashamalone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Can she prove me unfit?
    My mother is trying to prove me unfit I have a great job, can give my daughter great insurance, don't have a criminal record but my mom is going to try to prove me unfit to keep me from getting custody back. Can she prove me unfit?
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2008, 10:27 AM

If she has evidence.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 27, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sashamalone View Post
    my mom is going to try to prove me unfit to keep me from getting custody back. Can she prove me unfit?
    "Custody back"??

Does that mean you don't havce custody now? Under what circumstances did you lose custody? You really need to tell us the WHOLE story (as briefly as possible) if you want our help.
    montelau Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 11:16 AM
    You need to contact the CPS (Child protective services) worker involved in the case. Explain your situation. If there is no CPS worker contact Nassau-Suffolk Law Services. They can get you in contact with a law firm that can assist you. Or else go to the family court building and petition for custody of your child. Good Luck!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 27, 2008, 11:32 AM

I've combined your threads. Please do not post the same question in different places.

Did you go to court to legalize the custody agreement? Do you have a copy of that agreement? What does it say about it being temporary?

What you need to to get yourself an attorney to file a motion to regain custody. If mom is going to fight you, you will need an attorney to help you navigate the courts.

Whether you can regain custody or not depends on the terms of the original custody assignment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do we prove a mother is unfit? [ 5 Answers ]

My fiancé has a 1 year old little boy with his ex-girlfriend and she is a horrible mother. They agreed on a custody agreement outside of court and then filed it with family court after they went to the first mediation. At the first mediation, the mediator set up a visitation schedule for the father...

Do we have to prove the mother unfit? [ 11 Answers ]

My husband and I have temp. custody of his 3 y/o son that he had from a relationship, (they were never married), pending the return of the mother in November from Afghanistan. The mother has gone overseas doing contract work for the government, but not in the military. She had a good job before...

How to prove a parent being unfit? [ 4 Answers ]

I am getting ready to go for "our" child support hearing-finally, and I am ready to seek out legal advice on getting full-Custody, and only allow the other parent supervised visitaiton due to alcohol abuse & just not being there for the child. Where do I begin & how Please Help! Thanks :confused:

How to I prove he is an unfit parent? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend is an alcoholic and recently become a rage-aholic. I am making arrangements to leave him. But what makes this complicated is we have an 8 month old son together. My boyfriend has a son from a previous marriage who is 6. He takes him to parties, bars etc. Now for my question... When I...

How do I prove an unfit father? [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 13 months old. In the past 7 months, my ex had seen him maybe 4 or 5 times. They don't know each other at all. My ex doesn't even call or help me out with my son. In January 07 I asked for him to sign him over, and he said no. His name is on the birth certificate, but we were never...

View more questions Search