Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janinfl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 05:46 AM
    Telepaths & Empaths
    I would like to know if anyone just "knows" things about people or situations sometimes. Something has gone on with me in the last year, and since then I've just "known" what someone has done, what may happen to them, when the phone is going to ring, what someone is thinking, etc.. I have told very few people, because they either think I'm crazy or they wouldn't want to talk to me. I've always been "sensitive", but this thing is new. I'm adopted and just found my birth family, but it just was a bad situation, so I didn't find out anything about this... If it came from a family member, etc.

Thanks! Please contact me if anyone has the same thing happening to them!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2008, 06:40 AM

Situations mainly. Like when to take an odd way home and find out there was a serious delay on the interstate. I believe my grandfather was where the energy was channeled through because I just knew, to the hour, when he passed away.

I've experienced telepathy over miles of distance.

It appears to be necessary to be at peace and be relaxed and the removal of stimuluses from the environment enhances the power.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Nov 4, 2008, 04:02 PM

Yes. Call it hunch, intuition, what you will. The problem, of course, is what do you do with it? How do you use what you learn through your psychic sensitivity in a way that is fair to everyone around you. Or how do you accept that sometimes there is nothing to be done, or you have to let people find their own way. Sometimes I find a good mantra is "offer no resistance."

The greater the ability, the greater the risk of harm, right? Say right. Trust me on this one. Being psychically sensitive can sometimes make it hard for me to not let other people rub their energy off on me. It's hard to build good boundaries without building walls, with staying open and fluid and accepting of what the universe has to offer, without being a dumping ground for whatever crap people are carrying around when they meet me. And there is the constant temptation to try to tell people what I know, to help them whether they ask for it or not.

Have you tried training your ability? Have you looked into, say, meditation or shamanism or witchcraft or any system or cultural tradition? Training is important. This is a great gift, just like the ability to be a great doctor or musician is a great gift. It would be a shame not to use it to its full potential to do good in the world. And through training you can learn to do good, and not harm, for yourself and for others.

Sometimes it does run in families (it does in mine, for sure!) and sometimes you will find that your own biological cultural tradition, from your own ethnic roots, works best for you, whether you were raised in it or not. But not always. Trust your intuition to guide you, and have some fun exploring.

Blessings!
    Racunovodja Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

Nov 24, 2008, 11:21 PM
    Alder;1357281]
    Yes. Sometimes I find a good mantra is "offer no resistance."
    Can you expand on this one, please?

The greater the ability, the greater the risk of harm, right?
    Not sure what you exactly mean by this one?

And there is the constant temptation to try to tell people what I know, to help them whether they ask for it or not.
    I would like to let your temptation fly free.

Here's Q for you: How do I read energy of my mind? Energy of my will power that brings info to me 24/hurs a day? I dislike my 5 senses since they are so false and deceiving. However, my mind energy is so strong and brings a lot of information to me that never deceive. I have tried to read it, however the success was just poor. How do I read it properly? (I know that you know the answer).

Blessings!
    The same to you!
    roxy8120 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Dec 3, 2008, 01:23 PM

What else has happened??
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2008, 07:58 PM

I am like that too and even if it is about my life I still find I have to run the course with it most often even if it is not a good situation.
    I guess the best way to explain it is like you know a person is going to treat you like dirt and not appreciate you yet they haven't done anything so far so you give them the benefit of the doubt and hope to make things work. Yet things turn out just like you knew they would.
    If you tell people that you see something bad is going to happen to them they either think you jinxed them with a curse wishing ill on them or the only reason you are saying that is because you are jealous and trying to keep them from doing whatever.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Dec 19, 2008, 02:15 AM

Sorry, I'd been caught up in family and work stuff and away from the AMHD site for a while. I hadn't noticed you'd asked me to elaborate on some of what I said. Not sure if I can, though...

I'll try to answer your questions as best I can:

"Offer no resistance" is a simple way to express a Taoist idea: The thick trunked, solid-looking tree may break in a windstorm, but the fragile-seeming sapling may just bend and move with the wind. What I meant with this is that the best thing to just do can be to trust, and not try to force it to be anything. If there are people who are not supportive of you, instead of confronting them, just let what they are doing pass over you and let it be.

When someone has just a little psychic gift, they can play with it and do whatever they want, and never do much harm to themselves or anyone else. But if someone has a strong ability, no matter what form it may manifest, then, as Spiderman says, there is a responsibility to use that power carefully. The greater your gift, the more important it is to learn how to use it wisely, so you don't hurt yourself or anyone else.

You talk about the energy of mind versus what you learn through your physical senses. I would advise against getting too caught up in that thinking of the mind as separate from the body, that one is good and the other bad. There is no place where the mind leaves off and the body begins, just as there is no place where you leave off and the rest of the Universe begins. It is all One.

For that reason, the senses can be a great way to train the mind, and help to ground its energy. Any electrician can tell you how important it is that an electrical system be well grounded. Your nervous system is no different. The best thing you can do is to go out into nature, just be outdoors, as much as you can. Don't try to do or be anything, just enjoy. Let your senses teach you the wisdom of plants and animals and stones and water. Watch and listen and taste and breathe. Run and climb and stop and lie on your back in the grass. Just be, and keep doing it until you begin to feel deeply connected to the One. Then all the mental energy stuff will flow easily as a natural extension of that. You may experience the Oneness as a person, like the Goddess, the Mother Earth. Or not. Understand the Oneness of being in the way that works for you. But Nature has a lot to teach if we have the patience to learn.

Keep up the good work!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search