Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peacelovety Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2006, 09:06 PM
    Full physical custody and vacation laws in CA
    I currently have full physical custody of both my daughters. My ex-husband is extremely irate with me because he now has a lien against him for unpaid child support. I am taking the summer off work and I'm planning on taking my daughters from California on a trip to Oregon for 3 weeks to visit relatives. My ex is leaving me messages claiming that I need his permission in writing to take them out of the state, and that if I do so he will file an Amber Alert. My take on it is that it is just a threat and since I have full custody I am free to take them on vacation and don't need his permission. Am I correct?
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jun 6, 2006, 09:43 PM
    http://www.kinseylaw.com/clientserv2...ldcustody.html

This might help you
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2006, 04:42 AM
    Since you are the custodial parent you do not need his permission to take the children on vacation.

In California the parent with Joint Legal Custody only has to discuss with the other parent decision about school , medical emergencies and items like that.

Having deal with the court in California, the custodial parent has little to worry about. A parent was be proven unfit before the court will change a custody order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I ask for full custody? [ 51 Answers ]

My son is 3 months. I was never married to his father. His father has 4 felonies and a criminal record that is 35 pages long. He has had an addiction to cocaine since he was 19 and he is now 31. Since I have known him he has not been clean for more than 3 months. He has been through rehab at...

2 years MIA file for legal physical custody? [ 3 Answers ]

I just found out that it is possible for my daughters father to file for legal physical custody of my daughter who he has not seen in 2 and a half years and he is not on her birth certificate (as of yet-his choice)... he was emotionally abusive to me and has never respected her... even terrorized...

Physical custody [ 4 Answers ]

What would be the reason for a judge to decide to take away the physical custody for one parent to the other?? I'm a college student, and I don't work. However my husband work. If I get divorced, can the judge give the physical custody of my baby to my husband just because I am not working? I am...

Physical Custody [ 1 Answers ]

What would be the reason for a judge to decide to take away the physical custody for one parent to the other?? I'm a college student, and I don't work. However my husband work. If I get divorced, can the judge give the physical custody of my baby to my husband just because I am not working? I am...

View more questions Search