Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cclement Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 10:45 PM
    My boyfriend likes my friend
    I feel really stupid asking about this on the internet but I don't know what else to do. I think my boyfriend likes one of my friends. They always call each other. Like right now he is in the other room with her and a couple of my friends and I just heard her say THREE DIFFERENT TIMES to him "ok i'm going to call you in the morning". I've been dating him for almost four years and we live together and I don't know what to do. I can't afford the rent in this apartment by myself, but I know that's not a good reason to stay with someone. I don't WANT to leave him but sometimes I feel like that's my only choice. I'm so sick of all the flirting and the phone calls. What shoud I do?
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2008, 10:49 PM

Have you talked to either of them about this? I would talk to your boyfriend and see what his take on the situation is. Maybe do the same with your friend. You're going to have to find out what's really going on before you make any kind of decisions. I know when I was with a guy for 4 years he ended up pretty much becoming friends with my friends as well and when they would talk I didn't think anything of it. I guess what I'm trying to say is to communicate with both of them. If something is bothering you, let them know.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 11:13 PM

Calmly, without accusation, bring it up as if any answer he gives is really OK with you... because truth be told, you DO need to be OK even if he's slowly starting the process of moving away from you. You need to honestly know that, right?

You already know that if his heart is straying, it's going to stray. No amount of pleading, crying, beseeching, "why-oh-why"-ing will change the truth. Right?

So, deep breath, cup of coffee, talk to him about what you see and what you suspect... tell him it's OK if that is really what is going on, because you want him to be happy, and no way you're going to be "that girl" if he's already on the way out the door.

Accept his answer with an open spirit, as best you can. Try not to fall apart during if things go badly as best you can. Come back and tell us how he responds.

Oh, and whether you really know it yet or not, you will be OK either way.
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Oct 26, 2008, 01:08 PM

Got to spread the rep, but well thought out and intelligent like always JB. Pesky rocket scientist with their open ways at looking at things. But on a serious note you give some of the BEST advice on this site.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 11:27 PM

You make me blush...

But mostly, I want to be sure that I'm not off-base. I like to know from the original poster(s) if they find my answers helpful to them... and they don't always say... (pout)
    guardianangel03 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2010, 03:30 PM
    I'm in almost the same situation, except I'm way younger than you. You should talk it out, or, if your boyfriend is impossible then you need to tell your friend to back off a little, in a nice way. Explain to her that you feel like it's getting a little bit more than friendship and you really would appreciate her to talk to him for you, maybe set the guidelines on their friendship. Don't let it go, if there really is something it can't go unchecked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My best friend likes me [ 2 Answers ]

:( My new guy best friend is so nice with me but I didn't know he likes me until last week but I don't know what to do!! I think I like him but he doesn't show that he likes me when I'm around him!! So I don't know if it's true or not!! What can I do to proof that he does like me? Should I...

Friend Likes Guy. Guy hates friend! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, My best friend likes this guy right? All Well and Good? NO!! The Guy She Likes, thinks she's annoying and weird. The guy is like one of my closest friends, I could talk to him about it but my friend doesn't want me 2. She didn't want me to write this but I am because she needs advice! Any...

I think my boyfriend likes my best friend more than me [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys, I need some help... I've got a boyfriend... I'm really happy with him... but just lately he's been showing a great interest in my best friend... they have been talking heaps lately and they both have exams in the same glass so they are always talking and sitting together... he seems to...

Shy or likes me as a friend [ 2 Answers ]

Someone told this guy I liked him ( Ive liked him for a long time but he never showed any unmistakeable interest in me before so I never did anything. We are both almost 20 and he's never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl before) Good things: -after he found out, one day he touched me on the...

He only likes me as a friend right? [ 1 Answers ]

this guy and I got a bit tipsy and flirted. Though I'm not sure how drunk he was- he does this thing where he has 2 and “pretends” I did like him last year, we were friends. Hes never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl, I guess is shy. I kind of stopped liking him because I hardly ever see him this...

View more questions Search