Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shill259 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 04:09 PM
    What does clean out look like
    Where is the clean out located and what does it look like, also how do get into it to snake it
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 25, 2008, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shill259 View Post
    where is the clean out located and what does it look like, also how do get into it to snake it
    A house clean out tee looks like this. (see image). On a newer house it could be plastic while on older homes it's cast iron. By law we're required to install a cleanout not over 18 inches from the house foundation and brought up to grade. This is usually located on the same side of the house that faces the street or septic tank. If we can't see them we take a rod with a point and probe around for it. Once found we open up the cap and snake from there.
    Good luck, tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 04:39 PM

On the exterior of your house, and in the ground: Clean Out is basically piece of sewer pipe that points vertically upwards from the ground. It has either cap or screw plug on top.

Clean out in the wall is basically Tapped T. Pipe goes up and down and the side outlet is tapped with plug screwed into it.

To snake sewer using clean out - you remove clean out cap, insert snake and run into the sewer as far as needed.

Milo, Didn't I just say that??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to clean an a/c by yourself [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to clean my air conditioner myself it smells awful. What would I use to do so. I could spray it with the hose outside would that be enough using just water, or do I need anything else to kill the smell.

Dry clean only? [ 3 Answers ]

So my daughter (we are trying to potty train her) had a messy accident on a dry clean (with the feathers in it) blanket the nearest dry cleaning is 20 minuets and I don't have a car and its to late. What can I do to clean this blanket?? I'm scared to put it in the washer and I'm scared to hang dry...

Well Clean out [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 50' well for irrigation and it needs cleaned out. Ive run water down it and still get fine sand and shells. Is it blown out or is there a sure fire way to clear it out?

Should she clean it up? [ 3 Answers ]

This might be a little long, but I will try to make it as short as possible. I live in a townhome that I rent. Our landlord pays the HOA dues. Our next door neighbor loves and feeds the birds daily. I don't have a problem with this but she is making a huge mess with all the bird seed that is...

View more questions Search