Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gara Posts: 117, Reputation: 26

Oct 24, 2008, 11:23 PM
    My computer is getting hot
    Hi , I have toshiba tatellite A300 lap top and I 'm using it now like three month , every thing is perfect and I'm enjoying with it , but I notice it getting hot but that doesn't effect of any thing every thing doing good and going well just like I said just I'm worry about you know about getting hot , so I bought fan you know only in case for portection for the battry , so please can you give me some advices about my lap top about this or any thing willl be good for me .

Thank you.
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 24, 2008, 11:27 PM

I also would say it would be your fan, you don't want it to over heat though if your not sure pay the 50.00 and have someone look at it, its better then having a fired computer.

Good luck

Oct 24, 2008, 11:57 PM

U know there is nothing that bad because when I'm using it I always put it in my lap there is not weird about only I'm the one who worried about it that way I bought the fan that is all .
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Oct 25, 2008, 12:11 AM

My wife has had two Toshiba laptops. The most recent we bought two months ago (brand new). The other was about 5 years old.

Both laptops when they are sitting on your lap get hot. Or when they are sitting on a table and you pick it up the bottom seems hot.

This is normal, but if it feels hotter than normal it's likely when it's on your lap. We found when it is on your lap that one of the vents becomes blocked by your legs and it results in the laptop feeling hotter than normal.

My wife simply uses the following product when she has the laptop on her lap:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4217006

She's had laptop trays before with fans on them to help keep it cool, but she finds them a bit of a pain because she has to plug them in which restricts her mobility.

The other thing I would do if your laptop is older or if you have a lot of pets or dust in your house, is get a can of air (the ones used to blow air to clean your keyboard, etc.) and blow the vents in your laptop to clear them of any blockage from dust or hair, etc.

Finally, if your laptop is older, make sure the fans you are aware of are working, if one of the fans is not working, take it in for check up. Because if heat your laptop is producing is outside the normal heat range it could affect the life of other components inside your machine.

Oct 25, 2008, 12:41 AM

Texas parent thank you a lot for the information you just said every thing I was about to explain more so other people can under stand me and help thank you a lot .
    And you know I always put my labtop in my lap so it's normal to get hot because I block the fan holes so it's normal it's not that hot it's normal hot thank you once again .

Oct 25, 2008, 12:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gara View Post
    texas parent thank you alot for the information you just said every thing i was about to explain more so other people can under stand me and help thank you alot .
    and you know i always put my labtop in my lap so it's normal to get hot coz i block the fan holes so it's normal it's not that hot it's normal hot thank you once again .
    Your most welcome, I'm glad I could help.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 25, 2008, 12:53 AM
    Also, just to add, blowing the fans out with tinned air once in a while is worth a try.
    If you are using a laptop on your lap all sorts of dust and grim are sucked into the air vents, so time to clean them out.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasParent
    TexasParent disagrees: Please take the time to construct a sentence or a paragraph that is more understandable.
    TexasParent, welcome to the forum and thanks for jumping in with the info on your post.

Regarding the rating system, be sure to refrain from negatively judging in a "rating". That is considered misuse of the system since your ratings go on then individual's permanent profile.

To "critique" someone's post, use the Quote User function and explain your concern(s) in a separate post.

The Disagree rating is to be used by the Original Poster (OP) to indicate a s uggested solution did not work, or by others to point out factual errors.

Agree is used to support a post and keep from just posting the same thing in one of your own.

Based on that, you can see both your agree rating and your disagree rating fail to do that.

Sorry for the lecture, I hope you'll read this in the spirit it is intended. I don't want you to NOT post your thoughts, even the ones you posted, just be sure to post opinions in separate posts, not "ratings." Make sense?

===========
    Meanwhile, your longer post is excellent and very helpful. Awesome! Keep it up. And again, welcome!

Oct 25, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire View Post
    TexasParent, welcome to the forum and thanks for jumping in with the info on your post.

Regarding the rating system, be sure to refrain from negatively judging in a "rating". That is considered misuse of the system since your ratings go on then individual's permanent profile.

To "critique" someone's post, use the Quote User function and explain your concern(s) in a separate post.

The Disagree rating is to be used by the Original Poster (OP) to indicate a s uggested solution did not work, or by others to point out factual errors.

Agree is used to support a post and keep from just posting the same thing in one of your own.

Based on that, you can see both your agree rating and your disagree rating fail to do that.

Sorry for the lecture, I hope you'll read this in the spirit it is intended. I don't want you to NOT post your thoughts, even the ones you posted, just be sure to post opinions in separate posts, not "ratings." Make sense?

===========
    Meanwhile, your longer post is excellent and very helpful. Awesome! Keep it up. And again, welcome!
    Thank you for the advice. This site looks like to be a lot of fun, and thank you for the welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email folders/files from computer to computer [ 1 Answers ]

I have just purchased a new computer and have successfully imported the address book from old to new. But I'm having no success with transferring email folders/thier contents. Mail client: old computer is Outlook Express , new computer is Outlook 2007 . I cannot find how I transfer folders of...

Computer how do I stop limewire setup dialog from popping up on my computer [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me stop limewire setup dialog from popping up on my computer, it always pop up while I am in the middle of something

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

View more questions Search