Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    milne2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Electrical- conduits and junction boxes
    How many feet can I run (EMT)conduit straight before I have to use a junction box.
    Canadian Electrical Code.
    Feedandseed Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 02:39 PM

You do not need to use a junction box unless you have a split in the wires you are running. All connections must be made in a junction box or the like. You must also add a junction before you reach 360 degrees in bend of the conduit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical boxes [ 9 Answers ]

I was just told by someone that you have to have insulated outlet boxes for exterial walls inside the basement? Is this true? I've never heard or seen these, I've seen them for exterior outlets outside, but not inside.

Junction boxes [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings all, Is there any provision in the NEC that bans the use of junction boxes from use on the first floor of a residence? I've read through Article 314 and can't find any such limitation. Is there any exclusion that you know of?

Junction Boxes [ 2 Answers ]

Can I connect a "constant" power source to a "switch controlled" power source in the same junction box? I am putting power to the deck at the rear of my house. One line ( "switch controlled " ) is for the lights, and the " constant power ", is for a GFI, as I don't want to have the GFI tied...

Electrical boxes [ 2 Answers ]

I think I have an unique problem. I have a 4"x4"x6' space which is all wall board above a pass through. I have 3 small wall sconces I want to mount above the pass through. The problem is the wall board. How do I attach the electrical boxes so I can mount the light fixtures? At this point I have the...

Junction boxes in attic: can be facing up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there. Can junctions boxes in an attic be facing up? Or do they need to be secured on their side, secured to a ledger board or something. Thanks! Also, is there an online source for the NEC? Thanks again.

View more questions Search