Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tan420 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 05:26 AM
    Is he still into me?
    Met this guy 2 months ago. We hit it off great in the beginning with him always calling me, always trying to meet up. We have so much in common except I am 29 years and he is 27 years.

He always spoke about his ex. They were together for 5 years and broke up about 5 months ago due to her been unfaithful. I did ask him if he is still hung up on his ex and he said no its not that and left it to that.

Then went to his place for a braai. He told me his ex would be there. When she arrived I was ignored for 2 hours and he was by her side the whole time. I did not make an issue about it.

When I saw him 2 days later I asked him if he is still hung up on his ex. His reply again was no. So I replied that I understand if he is and if they want to work things out I will step aside so they can. I asked to please be honest with me about it as I do not want to get hurt. I asked if I should step aside in a sms later that night when he replied 'no.. will chat later.'

Its been 2 and a half weeks since then and I have not seen him again. He is working double shifts due to debts been owed. He has called me a few times and have sent sms, saying he misses me. I call him 5 days ago and he tells me he is working another 2 weeks straight. I say are you serious?? Then I said 'Ok stranger give me a call sometime.'
    I have not heard from him since.

Is he still into me or is giving me the hint to back off??
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 09:06 AM

Where I come from the standing rule is no dating for two years after a breakup. Obviously this rule does not apply if you have been dating for only a few weeks, but after any serious relationship ends there is a period of mourning and adjustment. And if that is not allowed to be completed there will be problems. I would say to leave him and move on.
    AWess Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2008, 10:37 AM

Sorry, it really doesn't sound like he's still into you. He might be busy, but he's not making any effort to see you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search