Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phreshout Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Garage Door Track Lift
    I have a 2-car garage, using a single overhead door with opener. The ceiling is about 11.75 ft. I would like to put a residential car lift in one bay. What would it take to raise the overhead door track, so it will provide door clearance over the lifted car?
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Oct 23, 2008, 10:54 AM

You would need a hi-lift track system to get the door up to the ceiling, any garage door installer should be able to help you out with it.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Oct 23, 2008, 02:38 PM

Your welcome, let me know if you have any problems, I might be able to help more. I put this in a house for a client for the same purpose as you, only he had a 16 foot ceiling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

Garage door opener making loud noise and door won't go up [ 1 Answers ]

When I pushed the button to open my mom's garage door, the door went up about an inch and made a loud banging noise like a machine gun. We got the door to open by pushing on the button and pushing up on the door. The noise is coming from the part in the middle of the garage door that goes down...

Garage door roller keeps slipping out of track [ 1 Answers ]

We installed a new garage door opener 2 months ago (the tracks were already in place.. installed in early 06 when home was built). When I open or close the door, the top roller falls out of the track. What would cause this to happen. It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. It was slipping...

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

Installing garage door to clear lift [ 2 Answers ]

I plan to build a garage with a lift in it. I would like to be able to open and close the door with the lift raised but this would mean the garage door tracks would have to follow the rafters (rafter tails sit above garage door) so the door would not hit the lift when it is raised. If I modify the...

View more questions Search