Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cillian19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Name of '90s movie about Kids in the Desert
    Hello Forum! I've been bugged by my inability to remember this movie title for years. It is most probably a '90s movie, about a group of American or maybe just Caucasian kids who are on a trip to Africa and get lost in the desert, separated from the adults in their group. It is a realist movie, not a fantasy. They wander around a lot- there's a little bit of romance between a boy and girl in the group, but it's mostly rated G. Most specifically, I remember them befriending an African tribesman who is guiding them, and he hasn't heard of the fact that Americans went to the moon. The kids keep trying to describe this to him, but he laughs in their faces... There are a lot of scenes of them all sleeping in the desert. I'm trying hard not to mix up my memories of MacGyver with this movie! Does anyone have a clue what this movie could have been? Thank you for your help!! :o:o:o
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 08:19 AM

A long shot here... maybe A Far Off Place?
    cillian19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Thank you so much! That's it! Your long shot was successful!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s movie title kids movie about leprechaun [ 12 Answers ]

I saw this movie when I was little about a little girl and her brother and their dog and they are looking for their dog because it ran into the woods and they find a leprechaun but that is about all that I remember and I have no idea how to find this movie. My friends tell me that it must have...

80"s kids movie with a dinasour and kids [ 3 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie when I was little. It was a about kids that I believe found a dinasour that's all I can remember and it's driving me nuts! Help!

Unknown movie from 1970's - 1980's (kids movie) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I do not recall much of the movie. It was about a teen age boy perhaps a runaway. He ended up on a mountain. He meet an old recluse who taught him how to live in the forest. I recall one scene when winter came he survived the snowstorm by staying in a tree hole. As in a tree trunk/stump that...

Help me find movie about God & a woman in desert... [ 1 Answers ]

I woke up in the middle of the night and caught the last half of this movie, and I want to get it. I can't for the life of me remember who the leading actress was, but I think the actor was Ed Harris(?). It was about a woman and her daughter who had went out into the desert to wait for God, who...

View more questions Search