Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Johnlily Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 03:40 PM
    DS-2019 form where to get one
    I have a relative who lives in China, and want's to study in America, and no school in my area knows what a DS-2019 form is, and most do not know how to get one. I just need the form, so this person can go to a public school where I live?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 04:48 PM

Public schools are not permitted to issue I-20 or what you called DS-2019, except on exchange program which is limited to 1 year only. If your relative wants to go to school in US, as a foreigner, he/she must go to private school.

Read about requirements of student visa here: Student Visas

And list of schools under SEVIS program here: ICE Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS): Schools and Programs Already F&M Certified?
    maghbool Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2010, 09:51 PM

I want to know 'bout j1visa 'n ds-2019.. how to get these two
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Mar 1, 2010, 09:54 AM

The DS-2019 (formerly IAP-66) is issued by a J-1 program administrator, not an F-1 DSO.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

J-1 waiver without a copy of DS-2019 form possible? [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me! My employer is going to sponsor my H-1B visa, but I just find out that I have to get a J-1 waiver before I apply for H1B. However, I don't have my original DS-2019 form with me! What should I do? I was on J-1 visa on 2004 for a summer ESL program, but then I transferred to...

Wrong filing! H1-B File Form 1040 instead of Form 1040NR [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, Here is my situation: my OPT started from May 2006-May 2007. My H1-B started from Oct. 2007. I hired a CPA to file the tax for me in 2006 and 2007 w/ the form 1040. I just talked to my friend and she said in my situation I should file form 1040NR instead. So what should I do now? ...

Form 1099 received, but do I report on Form 1040 or just Form 2106? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I'm hoping I can get some help on what to do with a 1099-MISC form I received from my employer that were for business expense reimbursements. I have read through some questions and answers already and based on them I'm going to file this as a Form 2106. The question is should I...

Received my W2c. Which form to fill - form 843 or 1040x? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was deducted social security and medicare taxes by my employer in the year 2006. Now, since I was under student Visa (F1) at the time of employment, I was not supposed to have been taxed the SS and medicare taxes. I have already informed my company, and they have sent me the corrected W2...

View more questions Search