Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kyokocbutcher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Twin teen boys lie about homework
    Unfortunately my 13yr old twin boys have the same core classes together in middle school. They are both getting very bad grades! They say they don't have homework, when they really do and they back each other up regarding assignments. I've talked to their teachers and they say they are not returning the assignments in. what do I do? How can I figure them out?:confused:
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Oct 22, 2008, 09:28 PM

Have you asked the teacher(s) about sending home a written description of the homework assignment every afternoon (or via email if they and you have accounts)? Have they considered posting the assignments to a web site or using blind carbon copies to forward the assignments to all their student's parents? Are there any privileges (TV, video games, time with their friends) you can withhold or reduce until their honesty and effort improve?

Just make sure they get assistance if their added effort doesn't bring get their grades where they should be.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 22, 2008, 09:31 PM

Many school websites have a homework page.
    At that age you can be pretty sure that they should have homework almost every night.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 12:44 PM

Check their bookbags everyday, call the teacher if you have too.

Take away everything they like doing and help them with their assignments. Make them study everyday after homework. If no improvements are made with their grades talk to the teacher about extra help or a tutor might be needed.

Right now they need tough love and rules need to be enforce. Be tough and stand your grounds and work side by side with the teachers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teen boys and  sexual exploration [ 4 Answers ]

Can/Do teenage boys experiement or explore sexually with their male friends like boys of the preteen range. I know romantic feeling are dominate during the teens, but I wonder do teen boys still explore with their friend even with more romantic interests.

A Twin Shadow, Twin Ghost, Twin Guardian? [ 3 Answers ]

I have two friends (a male and a female) that they say that they have a twin - a black being, like a shadow that guards them.. They have different cases.. My female friend said that when someone sleeps in their house, especially for the first time, they notice someone who's like roaming around in...

Would you call this abuse or rape or boys being boys?AND AM I ALONE? [ 27 Answers ]

Grew up in a home where I didn't get much love/affection and I 'fled' perhaps, by dating only one serious boyfriend from age 16 - 26 (can you say LOSER?) who permitted me to sneak out at night to see him midnight until 2am at 16, who isolated me--alienated my friends, ran off other guys I was...

Twin boys [ 2 Answers ]

We are ten and need to find our dad. My brother Kameron is sick with seizures? We don't have any money and our mom says it's too expensive. We need to find our dad so we can know about out family history. We need to help Kameron now. Can you help us?:mad: :mad: :mad:

Twin boys slow to speak [ 5 Answers ]

I have twin boys they are having a hard time learning to speak I have noticed that they communicate with each other in there own way My question is how to teach them to speak with out separating them

View more questions Search