Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gangster1 Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Oct 20, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Anxiety & Depression
    Does a person get depressed and have anxiety if he quits drinking cold turkey?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 20, 2008, 07:17 PM
    That's part of the withdrawal.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 20, 2008, 07:22 PM

Oh yes, and you will feel it will never end but it will
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 09:29 AM

Going cold turkey makes for all kinds of symptoms.

I recommend that you get some professional support to help you go through this difficult period in your life.

Why this is important is that whatever in your life and in your head that sent you to alcohol for relief is still there, and it is unlikely that you can maintain sobriety without addressing what is making you miserable.

Good Luck to you! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Any recommendations for anxiety/depression? [ 18 Answers ]

I'd like to find some recommendations for anxiety, depression and sleeplessness. I have a close friend who is currently suffering from this and would like to get off conventional meds. Any info would help... Thanks.

Depression and Anxiety getting worse [ 11 Answers ]

I was diagnosed w/ Major depression about 2 years ago and this winter it has been getting worse. I am short w/ my kids don't want to work just want to sleep and be at home by myself . I lost my grandma about 2 weeks ago and it has just made it worse I am struggling so much I can't get into a psych...

Social Anxiety/depression [ 30 Answers ]

I'm 16 and have been dealing with severe social anxiety for about 10 years. It has turned into social phobia. I can't go anywhere by myself. I avoid going to school because I can't stand being around others. I think some of it has to do with being sexually molested by my brother for 2 years. ...

Depression and Anxiety [ 2 Answers ]

I have suffered with major depression and anxiety problems for about 5 years but last year I was put in the hospital about 3 times for OD and cutting. I had been doing really well until recently when I had problems work and then lost my job and now I just feel like I am falling apart all over...

Depression, anxiety attacks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have posted in the relationship advice section as well. But wanted to know if anyone could help regarding my main issue of my anxiety attacks. I lived a very scared and un confident child hood, I have gone through a lot of stress to. And just recently because of my relationship problems...

View more questions Search