Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    united we stand Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 19, 2008, 08:30 PM
    Is there room for viable third and fourth political parties ?
    Is there room for viable third and fourth political parties in America? If there is how do we get them started?:D
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2008, 11:14 PM

No. It will not allow for the rising of the inflation tax and then the rising of the real tax which lowers the inflation but keeps on taxing.
    Besides that, anyone with really good ideas that will help the people, are not welcome in Washington. Our government is just a major banking concern and we are their interest. That does not mean that they are interested in changing anything.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2008, 04:18 AM

I agree: No. Sad but true.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 05:08 AM

No ;the truth is that the major parties in an effort to expand their base of support incorporate the best ideas of 3rd parties anyway.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 10:19 AM

Like giving Goldman Sachs trillions of tax payers dollars while letting them have the keys to the United States treasury? Do you hate the middle class of America too?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    No ;the truth is that the major parties in an effort to expand their base of support incorporate the best ideas of 3rd parties anyway.
    Absolutely untrue.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 10:26 AM

Beyond absolutely untrue. More like a dirty lie contrived from the devils mouth in the pits of hell. But I smile when I say that. :)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 10:36 AM

From WIKI
    Although third parties rarely win national elections, they can have an effect on them. Third parties can draw attention to issues that may be ignored by the majority parties. If the issue finds resonance with the voters, one or more of the major parties may adopt the issue into its own party platform
    Or this from 'This Nation.com ' answering the question about 3rd parties in the United States :
    When third parties have emerged in American political history, their successes have been short-lived. In most cases, the issues or ideas championed by third parties have been "stolen" by the candidates of one of the two major parties. Sometimes the issue position taken by the third party is even incorporated into the platform of one of the existing parties. By doing so, the existing party generally wins the support of the voters that had been the support base of the third party. With no unique issues to stand on and depleted voter support, third parties generally fade away.
    ThisNation.com--What is the history of "third parties" in the United States?

The answer to the question posted is that in the American system 3rd parties do not last long for the reason I stated .
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 11:13 AM

Nothing to tell, everything to sell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing political parties [ 2 Answers ]

When is it possible to change political parties. My friend is a registered Republican and wants to register as an independent. When, where and how?:confused:

American political parties [ 15 Answers ]

Are there any other active political parties in the United States besides the Republicans and the Democrats? What I mean by active is, do they hold any seats in congress, or other areas of government? If not, why are there only 2 political parties? In Canada, right now we have 5 parties who occupy...

Black American In political Parties [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for information about Black Americans in political Parties and offices. If possible, information about the state of Phoenix, Arizona. Anyone have any ideas where to look?

Political parties [ 3 Answers ]

How do political parties influence the selection of canidates running for election at the state and local level?

View more questions Search