Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valvolee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 06:31 AM
    Credit Card Debt
    I live in Virginia. I found out that I was being sued online. I have not received a summons to court because I moved recently. This credit card debt is a old debt from about 4-5 years ago since the last activity. The statute of limitation in VA is 3 years. I want to pay off all my debt but I can only do them one at a time. How do I handle this? Please help someone.
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Oct 19, 2008, 08:31 AM

Hello Val

What do you mean being sued online?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 19, 2008, 09:07 AM

Ok, if you do nothing they will get a judgement and then you will have to go back to court to get it stopped.

So you need to contact the court to see what the status is.
    If you were not properly served you notify the court,

Then the company can properly serve you. Then in court you prove it is past the statue of limitation, ( your last activity with them is over that limit)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

College Loan Debt & Credit Card Debt [ 1 Answers ]

Answer Received

FICO Credit Score: Maintain a 50% debt to credit-limit ratio on _each_ card? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been advised that I should transfer part of a balance of one credit card to another card in order to maintain 50% debt to credit limit ratio on _each_ card even though my _total_ debt to credit limit ratio is already below 50%. (Most of the debt is on one card for convenience.) I could...

View more questions Search